Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-01-2017, 05:11 AM
Aviak

Default Ruins of Old Paineel - Teleport area bug

Hello, something seems very wrong in the hole! The area near the teleports, just before you enter the false wall leading to the steps down towards them.. Apparently if you simply walk over this area leading to the false wall you are zoned out and teleported to the Paineel observation deck. This was never like this until recently!!!

I wasn't able to get an exact location sadly, but have experienced this in a normal group seeking the teleports as a destination and on a lvl 1 brell alt. I am able to replicate it each time on the brell alt by simply walking over the area.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Fairly certain Nilbog knows of this bug as he made an edit in my wiki guide (at least think it was him).

Here is the entry from the wiki guide describing where the bug exists (there is another you didn't mention, on top near that elemental with the door on the ground):

https://wiki.project1999.com/Wedar%2...de_to_The_Hole

Quote:
A quick sidebar about the teleporters… when leaving the Docks area go to the right and you turn left through the entrance way, there is a building / door to your right. Only 1 mob in here, at the way top there is an elemental by himself with a door laying on the ground (like it was knocked off its hinges). When you step on this door you teleport to paineel observation room (safe spot). The great part about this teleporter is if things go south with your group and evacer dies, you can probably run up here and get out in time. This teleporter is funny in that it doesn't teleport you immediately, wiggle around on it some and move off and onto it, but it will work eventually.

The 3 'official' teleporters I don’t believe are shown on the Hole map from the wiki. Next to that building with the hinged door teleporter is a back wall with 3 bricked up archways. The archway to the far right is a false wall, go through it and there will be a series of rooms, first room to the left is the teleporter room. Will be a golem standing in the middle with 3 columns of Purple light behind him and to the sides. When looking into the room from the door here is where the teleporters lead:

LEFT = Paineel Observation room.
CENTER = Neriak Third Gate (top of Temple of Innoruuk, Cleric Guild. One guard on patrol)
RIGHT = Erudin

Can pull from these rooms down here too but seem to be golem heavy.

As serendipity would have it, I discovered a FIFTH teleporter when running around. As you exit the secret hidden wall (the false archway), run diagonally to the right towards the support pillar. You will wind up zoning into the Paineel Observation room.
Perhaps there are more teleporters hidden elsewhere!

(NB: one or both of these two "extra" teleporters are likely just due to z-axis bugs on P99 related to the three teleporters below. Wedar: Confirmed this, the 2 additional teleporter spots I mention are exactly above the Paineel room teleporter. Fix coming soon?)
Not sure if it is something easily fixed or difficult to do, due to the nature of Titanium Client?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:45 AM
Aviak

Welp, out of maybe 4 years on p99 of crawling all over that zone non-stop i've never seen it like this b4. All of the references to teleports activating outside the teleport room proper seem anomalous.

One thing I do remember is the paineel teleport didn't work for a long time, and you could only go to neriak or euradin. Perhaps turning it on introduced these bugs?? I mean... if it comes down to just turning that off to restore order I'd be super fine with that. Most people aren't even aware there are teleports out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Either way, all I can offer is that there has been a recent change and suddenly people are vanishing in places they should not have :f

Also the additional teleport you mentioned was not a thing maybe 2 years ago, I've had hole partys in that very room with people freaking out on that door makin out with it and there were not teleports.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Can't speak to 2 years ago, but I use the Paineel teleporter a ton, so just shutting it off would be crappy.

The reason it's a thing and bugs out is because it is the only teleporter with ground you can walk on above it. I am pretty sure the other two have objects like walls above them where you can't walk. Not 100% on that, but could run around and wiggle on those locs to test it.

Any dev comments if this is a difficult fix that we just have to live with? Not sure if porter could be made to work only if you are in a certain z-axis range?
Old 06-03-2017, 06:25 AM
Aviak

Well the odd part is that something changed. So.. I'd imagine finding out what changed is key.

Like I said that area was completely normal a few years ago for sure, i've had groups over there with no issues running all over above the teleport room. Also if I'm not mistaken the teleport room is not under the area where I'm being teleported out from. Think I'm just gonna sneak down there n take some screenshots n get a location.

It's difficult to test due to how far into the hole it is.. possible to sneak there with a bell alt, but requires some timing. I'll post an update when I can get around to it :F
Old 06-06-2017, 01:35 AM
Former Guide

Can confirm, something's wierd here.

Loc is 328 50 -347; heading=65

Walk straight, and it ports you, seems wrong.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

I created this image from map fragments, not sure I got the scaling right but can show the issue...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The green teleporter leads to paineel, that is definitely the bugged one. I have 3 images on the bottom showing the lower level (porter area), mid level (near that invisible wall that leads down), and the upper level (with that lone elemental above).

I colored the Paineel porter Green for reference, the Neriak porter Pink. The Erudin porter appeared to be in a wall so didn't bother as you never walk above it.

I then attempted to superimpose everything above (kind of hard to see), but then illustrated on the individual maps where the colored areas correlate to.

I think Ataxio may be correct as it is only the Paineel porter that is bugged as the Neriak porter appears to be directly in the doorway that leads into the building that houses the lone elemental. Perhaps I have the scaling wrong and the 'zone line' for that porter is just barely in the wall to the left and right of that door. I'll try and wiggle around there and see if I porter out to Neriak, will let you know.

Hope this helps to illustrate the problem!
Old 06-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Aviak

Thanks so much for all the help and input everyone!

I have no idea how the engine / worldbuilding works for Everquest, but theorize a patch or perhaps rouge click / edit in some kinda world builder may be responsible. It's almost like the teleportation radius got expanded beyond its normal size specifically for the Paineel port. At least that's how I would first diagnose this from an outside perspective as a dev knowing what I do (next to nothing).
Old 06-06-2017, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Just confirmed that the Neriak teleporter is not bugged, but Paineel is. The map I made was slightly scaled up, appears the loc of the Neriak porter is around those support columns to the left of the door when looking into the building.

Wiggled all around there for a good 20 mins and in the building and nada, confirmed locs below and above. Small chance the 'zone line' is directly in the middle of a pillar, a dev could give the precise loc(s) of it if they can and I can absolutely confirm/deny it is only the Paineel one.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

OP: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=214292

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology