Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember, OP is the same guy trying to convince the caster forum that charming on an enchanter is a sub-optimal waste of time.
it is, go back to your highkeep while I take the other 60+ zones in the game that you've never experienced in your tiny little corner sodomizing gargreen or whatever that 0 magic resist jailbait mob is named again. tl;dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play on Green. Level your Enchanter in the first year. When Kunark arrives bind yourself there during the brief window when it's possible and never re-bind elsewhere.

Problem solved.

But also, to OP's point, in the Velious era being bound at the pots is significantly less useful that it was in the Kunark era. And of course the Luclin teleporters trivialized travel so much they re-opened binding in that zone.

Still, I'd think most people would agree that in Velious, even though it's far less good, being bound at the pots is still a pretty powerful way to get to all non-Velious content, and that's significant enough to leave the zone blocked (ie. exactly what the live devs actually did).
I hear your point, but here's my counter-point. Enchanters can't do too much in the ways of messing with other players aside from clarity(which is strong). I'm not suggesting opening it back up to every class, just the ones that matter. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and yeah, as you said, the pots can only go to mainland areas(save 1 cabalis pot). Everything on velious is out anyways, which means relying on porters or taking the boats like nature intended anyways. Let's be real too, if you're in TD, you're pretty much in kunark ANYWAYS. That's just simple logic. Infact, relooking at all the pot locations now, I am going to argue this harder. The ONLY ports that save any significant non-boat loss time are halas and erudin. nearly every other zone is in sprinting distance. This is no longer an argument about being overpowered but a reward vs time loss argument. I believe that the dangerous trek to said pots is enough of a risk-vs-reward for this ability to bind there.
There are sharks, dragons, and raptors all throughout that zone that could easily dismember someone with 1 false step.

Besides,
the only people that would keep their binds at pots over binding in new zones where they fear death are the types of people who ALREADY have both porters and level 60 clerics lined up in their coffers anyways. It's a moot point to keep it bound-locked at this point... at least for enchanters... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say necromancers too but I don't know if they get any port spells, but just based on WHERE the pots drop players off, I'd say this was intentional for both enchanters and necros with the possible intentions of linking all back up to toxx forest.

I understand people would fear this because they would have to actually USE A BOAT to go to pots, but let me tell you... boats are amazing
Old 05-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember, OP is the same guy trying to convince the caster forum that charming on an enchanter is a sub-optimal waste of time.
Aww. Hopefully he grew up big and strong now!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is your answer. No need for a comma and more text, just that. But, if you want more..
only for non-enchanters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regardless of the amount of porting available, since you ask why is it a big deal. Do you think the demand for porting stays the same if people bound at pots?
player demand is based on player situations and thus free from game decisions. Proof in point, if players camped a certain dragon that guarded pots, vs if they didn't, it wouldn't be any less or more dangerous, as that's a game design vs a what the players want to happen design. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more you try to control the players in a game the more they will revolt until the breaking point happens. The fact that some things are permacamped is a prime example of this. Simple put, unbinding rebinding megabinding and bindbinding will have 0 effect, The players will then respond to this 0 effect and implement what they deem fit as a proper response. you see, it's not the game forcing anything, it's the players. The Players. THE PLAYERS. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or if you need a more direct hint at this one. It's the players that created this response in the first place. Nothing happens until players fix what other players started.
Quote:
At the time the intent was not to allow an enchanter to travel from the bottom of a kunark/velious dungeon to say the bank in Neriak in a minute with zoning. Not for them selves or for guild mobilization reasons.
I can already do this, as I have a spell called gate. The only difference is that it would cut out the middleman, or put in a middleman, depending on how you look at it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not that I would do that anyways, since I'm not suicidal enough to venture into more than 3-5 zones without rebinding.
Quote:
I say all this as an player with a gating char bound at the pots.
rebind yourself if you really agree with this point. I don't like listening to hypocrites lecture. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Banned

OP just ask your in-game friends for a port when you need it. You seem like the type of guy who has lots of friends
Old 05-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Since this thread was created to ask questions, here are the answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anything stopping players from just killing themselves there and having a "stored corpse" for clerics to revive as a form of "bind" ?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, nothing is stopping a player from creating a corpse to be resurrected at firepots. Though, that set up and maintenance of said set up would take too much time to be considered efficient or worth the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it really that bad for people to bind at pots now? With all the massive amounts of players doing teleports left and right with alts left and right, is this so much of an issue still or just a biased derogatory viewpoint against solo players?
It's less about good vs bad and more about what happened on live and replicating such a major change to make it "classic" on P99. You're also trying to push this as some sort of hate against solo players, but EQ was never made to be played by yourself. If the devs started to cater to all QoL changes to accommodate every type of person and scenario, the game wouldn't look too much different than current live.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

OP, you're losing it here.

You won't ever be able to bind at pots if you aren't already bound there. No amount of lobbying for a non-classic change will help, especially when your argument is quality of life / time saved. This isn't a server that caters to either of those things. Also, when you say "well what about just for Enchanters, because I play an Enchanter" it is not going to help your position either.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

If you want relatively quick firepot access you can bind in Firionia Vie. The ship there has a fairly quick (~18 minute) maximum cycle time, after which it's just a short run across Timorous to the firepots.

Danth
Old 05-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP just ask your in-game friends for a port when you need it. You seem like the type of guy who has lots of friends
I actually do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though personally I rarely use ports, I prefer SoW since you get to experience more of the game by running(aside from hhk with the giant face in the wall). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this thread was created to ask questions, here are the answers:

No, nothing is stopping a player from creating a corpse to be resurrected at firepots. Though, that set up and maintenance of said set up would take too much time to be considered efficient or worth the trouble.

It's less about good vs bad and more about what happened on live and replicating such a major change to make it "classic" on P99. You're also trying to push this as some sort of hate against solo players, but EQ was never made to be played by yourself. If the devs started to cater to all QoL changes to accommodate every type of person and scenario, the game wouldn't look too much different than current live.
I'd like to argue that point. EQ was meant to be played in any way you want to play it. It has a punishing system but that doesn't mean it's not free and open. You're never "FORCED" to use magic as a magician, You're not forced to group up to kill and level up, and you're never forced to only align with 1 part of the world faction-wise. The devs went out of their way to make it as free and open as possible while still maintaining form.

Personally, I don't believe firepots were ever intended to be for everyone. They seem more like an abandoned quest line to me. Which, let's be honest, is a pretty common thing in this game. Another reason I believe them to be a quest line specifically for enchanters is because of the significance.
There are 12 pots in the room, and only 13 races (half elf not included). Enchanters specifically are the only class that can become all 13 races, and furthermore, these teleports are all to "safe" locations that are just outside of places where enemies would auto-aggro. That's 2 reasons right there why I think this area was specifically built for enchanters by the devs, or at the very least, to test illusion magics or breaking into towns with aggro and factions. (again why I say it might also be for necromancer).
The whole "miragul's highway" thing is another firm evidence/reason why I believe that this was supposed to be for enchanters.

I respect your ideals but I respectfully disagree that this should remain as is... at least for enchanters.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Drugs.
Closed Thread