Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verant totally fucked up zems not giving the harder zones a better modifier.
The ZEMs here are custom, they're not the classic Verant ones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Sleeper's tomb via having him awaken every 30s days or so and drop prenerf and no longer dropping loots.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

permafrost should have been what qeynos is to freeport, to lguk.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know why CT is so deserted on P99. Back on live it was thriving, and I don't remember it being all that hard.

I exped there quite a bit on my rogue in ... 2000 or 2001. It was a perfectly fine leveling spot with pickup groups pretty much always available.

Is the current version of CT on P99 really classic?
Old 05-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why CT is so deserted on P99. Back on live it was thriving, and I don't remember it being all that hard.

I exped there quite a bit on my rogue in ... 2000 or 2001. It was a perfectly fine leveling spot with pickup groups pretty much always available.

Is the current version of CT on P99 really classic?
Live didn't have a loot/level/strategy wiki and there were a lot more lower level and mid level players at any given time. As I write this there are only 121 folks on between the levels of 30 and 40. Of the ones not anonymous, 53 of them are typically solo classes (druid, shaman, necromancer, magician, enchanter). Not to say they aren't looking for a group, but they're less likely to be looking for groups. So, to find a group in those levels you basically need to be wherever other people of those levels are hanging out if you're not going to build your own expedition.

Cazic-thule really is no harder to master than any other zone if you actually try to, but people not familiar with it will get lost, will pull deadly trains and will get frustrated watching their mobs get healed through the walls.

It's out of the way for non-evils and the loot isn't bad, but it's not enticing enough to build a group for and it's hard to convince someone to go there, because if the group fails; it's a long corpse run. If the group breaks up; now you've got to spend the time making the trip back to wherever you were.

It's a fun zone, but most people don't want to spend the time trying to get something going there.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Siren's Grotto should have a revised version since we're long overdue for it per the original timeline. As such that's number 1 on my list.

Danth
Old 05-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Id like to see crystal caverns get a rework with orcs taking over the the dwarf town and having a huge ZEM boost with new items.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:32 AM
Aviak

Cazic Thule is an amazing zone to crawl for a 30s group - if anything it could use a ZEM boost.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Kobold

the real reason CT sucks is because there's ~5 types of clerics in that zone and they just spam heal through the wall. The camps are pretty good though
Old 05-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cazic Thule is an amazing zone to crawl for a 30s group - if anything it could use a ZEM boost.
This.

Tweaking ZEM doesn't disrupt classicness as it's very classic itself.

But it could help making places such as CT, Dalnir, Splitpaw, Perma... viable exp spots again.
Closed Thread