Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merkk aren't you playing blue now? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dalaran
Old 05-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the population like? Is it classic exp/items/etc, just in luclin now?

Have a squad of RL friends that decided to get into EQ for god knows why, right now playing on blue but its not very fun.
Population goes over a hundred though about half our players are boxing at any given moment - we allow a maximum of 3 boxes. We are currently in Velious but have a few features from Luclin in the game currently. Rise of Zek is 95% classic with a few custom changes for PVP balance and playability. Our experience is very fast.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't like getting trained, do something about it.
Just to point out the painfully obvious, but avoiding RoZ is step one in doing something about it.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Would play red code again on reset everything else is troll ignight bitch ass.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Banned

100 / 3 = 33 people playing sounds fun
Old 05-13-2019, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Merkk don't be salty just because your guild got outbearded and you're not cut out for the pvp box lyfe.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Merkk don't be salty just because your guild got outbearded and you're not cut out for the pvp box lyfe.
I stopped playing RoZ out of boredom because there was basically no one left and your shitty programming , guess I’m not cut out for it considering my shits took shits on everyone on that server. My statement is still true 100 / 3 = 30 people. While yours is false and salted.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to point out the painfully obvious, but avoiding RoZ is step one in doing something about it.
I played in TMO during the non-CSR era in Veeshan's Peak and enjoyed it more than any other time I spent on blue. Even without mechanics modifications to deter training, training is not that big of a deal against a prepared enemy. The scene in VP turned into a beautiful symphony of trains, counter-trains, and dragon kills. I found these kills to be more rewarding than any others I experienced on the server.

Having rules against training inevitably results in unequal enforcement. This is not a knock - it's just reality. Everquest is very much a "shit happens" kind of game and I think it's a colossal waste of time trying to sort out who trained who. On our server we don't disallow training because we want to encourage training, we just don't have the staff or the desire to enforce play on that level. What we have done, however, is slightly alter mechanics to discourage training and make it less easy. On RoZ when you flop mobs on someone and stand back up (or get your FD broken), the amount of hate you receive from FD memory is greater than what your target receives from fresh body aggro. All the trainee needs to do to fuck you over is whip a javelin at you or land just a single hit and the mobs will bounce back to the trainer. This mechanic stops people from being able to train you and then stand up and PVP you while you deal with the train.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped playing RoZ out of boredom because there was basically no one left and your shitty programming , guess I’m not cut out for it considering my shits took shits on everyone on that server. My statement is still true 100 / 3 = 30 people. While yours is false and salted.
Merkk most people don't 3box or even 2box most of the time. At any given moment only half the server at most is even multiboxing at all, let alone 3boxing. I counted 69 simultaneous unique players just a few days ago, and this is in the naturally low-pop late velious era. We're doing a lot of things right, especially for a small team.

We've continued to improve our server since you left, and we will continue to create the best box for PVP even if no one plays it. Sticks and stones may break my boners but your words will never hurt me - I am the most talented Everquest PVP Developer of all time! Maybe

No hard feelings buddy - I hope we can be pals again some day.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Banned

Open RoZ Green with 4 lvl range / item loot
Closed Thread