Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those ones aren't affected by the changes made at the summit.
He has a point though.

It's not common, but new guilds do form, and existing guilds that didn't use to raid start raiding. For instance, not that long ago ALS went from being a pure leveling guild to being the biggest component of AEGIS. Had that shift occurred after this summit, they wouldn't have had a rep there, and wouldn't know the raid rules even though they became raiders.

At the very least someone should update the wiki (http://wiki.project1999.com/FTE_Race_Lines), but really if these are official rules it'd be nice if the staff posted them somewhere official.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-17-2019 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-17-2019, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those ones aren't affected by the changes made at the summit.

No CotH racing on Gorenaire/Severilous/Statue of Rallos Zek/King Tormax/Dain

Rotations for Tunare and Ring 10 War between Aftermath, Azure Guard, Riot, Kittens/Aegis/Blood Guard

Concessions for Statue of Rallos Zek apply for Avatar of War

----

Most of that was hashed out before/after the summit, not during. The summit was a lot of off-topic "discussion" (ranting/anecdotes) with very little actually being accomplished over 4 hours because there wasn't a strong structure to it and everyone wanted to get their say.
Still not official until posted in raid rules....
Or at least a forum posts by guild leaders making a "player agreement"
Old 06-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats a fair point but still these rules should be broadcasted to the entire server so everyone is on the same page. Several defined "raid targets" can be killed with less then a group
And very often those ‘less than groups’ break the raid rules. For example, the for-profit hate farmers tend to log in to Hate directly to assassinate minis. There’s a few toons parked up there for that purpose specifically that participate in fights.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still not official until posted in raid rules....
Or at least a forum posts by guild leaders making a "player agreement"
as far as i know, all guilds are follow the rules nonetheless.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Only guilds involved in the agreements are bound to those particular rules/rotations. Everyone else just has to abide by server raid rules.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Orc

I believe Llandris has requested Raid Discussion access for a bunch of guild representatives so that the "agreements" can start to be posted on the forums (along with concessions and other information that may affect groups beyond those involved in the discussions). I know that had been suggested with the FTE race lines. But even if it's a matter of waiting for the appropriate people to be flagged for the raid forum, those people will change over time, and there will always be a lag between the "private" negotiations and the "public" outcome.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as far as i know, all guilds are follow the rules nonetheless.
Hard to follow the rules when you can't read or reference them for new people or if you forget something or in the off chance the main person to know the rules gets busy IRL and isn't attending raids..

So again as far as I'm concerned, the changes from guild summit mean absolutely nothing unless written down and posted.

As far as PoH goes, the only real rule here is regarding camping out at raid targets... which is supposed to be all of HATE... so unless trackers... the gms should be booting these peeps from hate like they did ToV.

If the gms want to be lazy and not do anything about it, then wild west of hate is going to happen. It's pretty clear what kind of nonsense evolves from this...

It's bad enough that llandris decided to what seemed like arbitrarily add in the fte race line list... as if for the past how many years using any zoneline wasnt ok.

I mean really ffs why is Gorenaire race line at the wiz spire only? WtF happened to BW as a line? And to those that suggested the tunnel be a line... it's not a zone line ffs. This is about as bad as letting Coth mages be past the zone line acting as a "tracker" cause they totally can't pet track from the zone line... and why the he'll can't my cleric track past zone line and just rez someone? The rez person has to wait for rez effects anyways opposed to a Coth ed person still being fully buffed and FM ready to go the second they land.

The logic here is really hard to grasp.

A better solution I feel would be requiring all toons sit at a zoneline that they can zone through (not sitting on the exit side of a 1-way zone) and requiring the dru/wiz rings only be acceptable after the target has popped. I.e. you get pop notice and THEN port in...

For the record, Coth mages sitting at raid targets on karana server was never acceptable during a fte race. That mage ran the race just like everyone else!
This actually made monks and rogues more useful for fte races... i.e. rog or monk would drag mage and use cicky rez.
Last edited by Puluin; 06-18-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-18-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

If your guild leadership isn't sharing the information with you then that's on them and their poor leadership. If they are sharing and you're ignoring it then it's your fault and you should feel bad. If your guild isn't involved in the discussion you weren't going to get the target anyway.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If your guild isn't involved in the discussion you weren't going to get the target anyway.
Again, while this is usually true, it's not 100%. A few months ago (actually we're probably closer to a year now) ALS was a non-raiding leveling guild. Today, they're in ToV.

It's not at all commons, but new guilds do emerge and existing non-raid guilds do start raiding. And that's not even addressing pickup raids, which hypothetically could happen tomorrow led by someone who has no clue about the guild summit.

IF what was discussed at the summit was just an agreement between the current raid guilds, then none of that matters. Any new folks don't have to abide by it, and if the other guilds want them to abide by those rules they can talk, explain the rules, etc.

But if the server has any rules that affect all raids in general, those rules really should be available for all, because again the raid scene is not so perfectly stable that we never have new entrants.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-18-2019 at 12:02 PM..
Old 06-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

All of the things agreed to at the player summit were player agreements between the current raiding guilds. None of it applies to the rest of the server.
Closed Thread