Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i walk by a mob and check it for loot, and it has something of value, i will /who to see who is in zone. If no one is in zone, then the loot really should be FFA. At that point i have no idea whether someone didn't need it an left, logged out, LD'ed, is switching toon's, etc, but the loot is sitting there with no one even in the zone.

If the rules state i could get in trouble for doing that, then there is something seriously wrong with the rules. Even on live they wouldn't enforce "loot rights" for someone who logged out completely on their own.
Let's follow this simple Flow chart.

Did you kill it? [Yes/No]
If Yes: Loot it.
If No: Do not loot it.

There's no grey area.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't loot things that don't belong to you
(for the 1000th time)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it's ridiculous that you think that just because you play on this server you get to dictate how the team of volunteers that runs it decides what rules they're going to enforce and how.

This server is not just for you, it's for literally thousands of other players, and the rules exist to serve all of them.
I'm not trying to dictate anything actually. I'm just stating my opinion that if someone who killed something is no longer in game and the timer, specifically built into the game to make sure that people can't ninja loot your items, is up it is ridiculous that you can get in trouble for looting the items.

No matter how you spin this, no matter how many times you say "its their sandbox, you just play in it", no matter how many times you try to justify it by saying "what if they have friends coming", it wont change the absurdity of the whole premise of this.

That is the rule and people, including myself, will follow it. But that doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

Shit, never mind, i'm not allowed to have an opinion, because you work on the Wiki and said that my opinion is wrong.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to dictate anything actually. I'm just stating my opinion that if someone who killed something is no longer in game and the timer, specifically built into the game to make sure that people can't ninja loot your items, is up it is ridiculous that you can get in trouble for looting the items.

No matter how you spin this, no matter how many times you say "its their sandbox, you just play in it", no matter how many times you try to justify it by saying "what if they have friends coming", it wont change the absurdity of the whole premise of this.

That is the rule and people, including myself, will follow it. But that doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

Shit, never mind, i'm not allowed to have an opinion, because you work on the Wiki and said that my opinion is wrong.
Everyone is allowed to their opinion ... but if they air it in public they better be ready for people to disagree with them.

Meanwhile, you left out a crucial "no matter":

Quote:
"No matter how much extra effort it takes our all volunteer staff to implement the 'let me loot other people's efforts" rules, which I personally feel are "right", I want them to enforce those rules (presumably at a cost of enforcing other server rules)."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:48 PM
Banned

14 pages about fine steel swords in 2019
Old 06-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is allowed to their opinion ... but if they air it in public they better be ready for people to disagree with them.

Meanwhile, you left out a crucial "no matter":

"No matter how much extra effort it takes our all volunteer staff to implement the 'let me loot other people's efforts" rules, which I personally feel are "right", I want them to enforce those rules (presumably at a cost of enforcing other server rules)."
"You let the corpse timer expire without locking the corpse, it is what it is" seems a lot easier than having to look into someone saying "Well, my friend said i could loot an item, and then he logged out, and some random walked by and looted it, but i wasn't in zone yet, but i think it may be this person, because they were in the zone as well. Can you please look into it??"
Old 06-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"You let the corpse timer expire without locking the corpse, it is what it is" seems a lot easier than having to look into someone saying "Well, my friend said i could loot an item, and then he logged out, and some random walked by and looted it, but i wasn't in zone yet, but i think it may be this person, because they were in the zone as well. Can you please look into it??"
... and if players were actually flooding the staff with requests like that, then I'd imagine they'd change the rules.

But since no one is making petitions like that, I'm guessing they're still finding it plenty easy to just say "don't loot what isn't yours".

Also, you seem to be confusing the GM's punishing of rules-breakers for GMs protecting stuff. Nothing about "you can get in trouble if you loot something that wasn't your's" in any way guarantees that the GMs are going to let Bob loot the corpse either. If you loot it, and Bob petitions, if anything I would expect the staff to take the item and then none of you get it; I wouldn't expect them to give it to Bob.

My point in all this is, the staff isn't looking at this the way you are, from the perspective of a single player who wants to loot what other people killed. They're looking at it as, we've got a lot of rules to enforce (based on expectations players have from their paid live days), so let's keep them simple and make it easy (or at least possible) for us to do so.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Or maybe the general rule would be: If you aren't asked not to loot it feel free but know a GM may contact you in the future with TBD repercussions..

If you didn't kill it, you didn't earn it. If it's FS that's one thing but I expect the ancient cyclops or quillmane with a cloak was intended to be looted. People aren't there XP'ing off these mobs...
Old 06-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

I think most players would rather not have to worry about locking corpses. Better you can swap to an alt or give your group/raid time to allocate.

It's better that the rule is how it is. The soft lockout timer is only to prevent the most egregious cases
Old 06-18-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Boy I hope we can figure this out soon (very simple and clear rule posted on page 1)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread