Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Banned

plz help lord rogean or lord nilberg
Old 03-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

I still haven't found a fix, still continues to do this to me been about 3 months now
Old 03-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Banned

bump
Old 04-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Orc

Default Strange issues

Ever since the last patch, I've had extremely weird issues with crashing on zone, high ping times, and intermittent problems.

The strangest thing is that I can replicate the issue each time (see below), but here's a rundown of some of the symptoms I'm experiencing - just an FYI this is on Windows 10, clean build, had no problems up until last patch:
  1. If I join the 5Ghz wireless band on my access point, ping is always 500ms+ (100pct)
  2. Joining the 2.5Ghz band on my access point, ping is anywhere from 67ms - 250ms (typically depends on people online)
  3. If I run the EQ exe as Administrator, regardless of which band I'm connected to (right-click > Run As Administrator) ping is always 500ms+ (100pct)

During all of these tests, after I join the P1999 server (and have 500+ms lag) it seems to affect my web browsers as well (surfing slows down significantly). If I close the EQ application completely - web sites load normally. Speedtest.net shows down speed of ~150Mb/s down, 90Mb/s up

I've tried different access points, tethered cell phone internet, disabling Windows Defender, closing background applications, and it's hit or miss. One this is for certain though - if I use the 5ghz band or run the program as an administrator the ping goes through the roof.

I want to try a few more tests like running the EXE in compatibility mode, REGEDIT for ACK packets, and running hard wired (not a long term solution since the access point is a considerable distance from my office).

Quote:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Once you reach this folder there will be 2 or more folders with strange file names. Search though one until you find the one that contains your IP address. It’ll appear as DhcpIPAddress with the data value of 192.168.xx.xxx (whatever your IP is).

Anywhere in the white space on the right pane right click and select New –> DWORD Value (appears as DWORD (32bit) Value for Vista and 7 users). Give it the name TcpAckFrequency (make sure you type it exactly as I did or it will not work) When finished right click your newly created file and select modify and give it the value “1” without the quotes.

Create another DWORD Value file and name it TCPNoDelay. Again, make sure you spell it exactly as I did or it will not work. When finished do the same as you did for the previous file. Right click, Modify and assign it the value of 1.

Reboot
I'll let you know if I find any fixes for the issues I'm experiencing
Old 07-11-2017, 11:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ménage à trois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever since the last patch, I've had extremely weird issues with crashing on zone, high ping times, and intermittent problems.

The strangest thing is that I can replicate the issue each time (see below), but here's a rundown of some of the symptoms I'm experiencing - just an FYI this is on Windows 10, clean build, had no problems up until last patch:
  1. If I join the 5Ghz wireless band on my access point, ping is always 500ms+ (100pct)
  2. Joining the 2.5Ghz band on my access point, ping is anywhere from 67ms - 250ms (typically depends on people online)
  3. If I run the EQ exe as Administrator, regardless of which band I'm connected to (right-click > Run As Administrator) ping is always 500ms+ (100pct)

During all of these tests, after I join the P1999 server (and have 500+ms lag) it seems to affect my web browsers as well (surfing slows down significantly). If I close the EQ application completely - web sites load normally. Speedtest.net shows down speed of ~150Mb/s down, 90Mb/s up

I've tried different access points, tethered cell phone internet, disabling Windows Defender, closing background applications, and it's hit or miss. One this is for certain though - if I use the 5ghz band or run the program as an administrator the ping goes through the roof.

I want to try a few more tests like running the EXE in compatibility mode, REGEDIT for ACK packets, and running hard wired (not a long term solution since the access point is a considerable distance from my office).

I'll let you know if I find any fixes for the issues I'm experiencing
Thank you for pointing out the 5G thing. I am using that option for the first time today and having crash issues. I'll give it a go on the lower option and see if there's a difference.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:10 AM
Orc

Try using a VPN first. Like WTFast https://www.wtfast.com/ . Paid the monthly sub for it. worth it if u are hardcore gamer. I had a sh*ty connection so server select would rarely show up. Zone crashed all the time. Finally i researched that VPN or GPN can help enhance your connection power with games. Could run it with a tether 4GLTE cell phone connection. Thats the only fix I know. Its mostly the p99 server, their connection is terrible.... but its free to play so.. work with what you got
GLHF

Pantheon is Coming!
Old 07-15-2017, 04:45 AM
Orc

It was the 5G network for my problem. Thank you so much. I switched to 2.5ghz since my last post and its been smooth as pie!