Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Default Gone from loving enchanter to hating high 50s enchanter...

Not sure if I'm doing things wrong or what but I'm really disliking this class since I've started doing stuff in the higher end zones and feeling pretty useless in regards to mezzing/resists.

Currently lvl 57. Have max charisma with Overwhelming Splendor.

1. Go up to Plane of Hate (a dungeon we're supposed to raid at max level 50 in classic?). Try to AoE mez, all mobs resist and I die. Later on try to mez some other individual mobs. All resist and I die or nearly die if someone is able to pull aggro off before that happens. I essentially quit trying at this point and just buff because I was only 2% into 57.

2. Decide to try to start camping the Skyfire named cycle and get Felia to spawn. Try to mez a light blue wyvern or a bottomless gnawer...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mez just straight up being useless. What the heck is going on? Wiki says Mesmerize works up to lvl 55 mobs and a light blue mob to a lvl 57 is not 55+...
Old 05-31-2019, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

You can't mez or stun wyverns... In PoH you are probably trying to mez mobs that are too high level for you. I have successfully AoE mezed mobs in PoH at level 60. For second floor mobs I usually use Rapture.

Also, your CHA has no affect on whether or not mez lands.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

^ except I strongly disagree that charisma doesn't affect mez resists.

Mez doesn't have a baked-in resist mod, but if you play a chanter for any length of time you'll see very plainly that it resists less often than other spells without resist mods, like root or our nukes. Try taking a NON-tashed level 53-54 and rooting it 20 times, then mezzing it 20 times. (Though I guess really that doesn't prove what I'm saying, since it's possible mez has been given a resist mod. I guess you'd have to cast mezzes at 255 cha and at very low to see any real proof.)
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-31-2019 at 01:53 PM..
Old 05-31-2019, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the info. I couldn't understand why it and the gnawer were resisting me being such lower level but I didn't spam it on the gnawer as much. I did it on the wyvern just to prove a point. Damn wiki made no mention of it, of course...

Here's some details about charisma/mez that I found but not sure how accurate:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=10
Old 06-01-2019, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjohns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez just straight up being useless. What the heck is going on? Wiki says Mesmerize works up to lvl 55 mobs and a light blue mob to a lvl 57 is not 55+...
Just curious what mez were you using?

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 06-01-2019, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

PoH 2nd floor Glamour of Kintaz lands nicely.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Banned

Most of the mobs in skyfire are unmezzable.

In hate :
revenants and clerics will MR themselves and others
Ashenbones are belly casters
Spite golems are MR immune

You must plan accordingly.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious what mez were you using?
Always the level 4 Mesmerize spell for the mana efficiency and low mez time unless I know I'm going to be mezzing 55+ mobs, which is rarely ever.

Again, last night in Kael, couldn't mez your pet that you kept giving to me. Guard Thunderfall. No wiki entry for him but according to Magelo he's level 49 and according to mqemulator.net he's 47-48. Resisted every mez I threw at him and kept resulting in a quick death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the mobs in skyfire are unmezzable.

In hate :
revenants and clerics will MR themselves and others
Ashenbones are belly casters
Spite golems are MR immune

You must plan accordingly.
Therein lies part of the issue. Hard to plan for anything if you're not just a human encyclopedia for everything EQ.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_wyvern mentions nothing about being unmezzable or unstunnable. None of the wyvern entries on mqemulator.net say they're unmezzable.

All these instances have me questioning whether the RNG gods just despise tf out of me or I'm playing the class wrong but for a class I enjoyed leveling through a lot (with no issues), the end game for it is frustrating me to no end unlike any other class and if it's something I'm doing wrong, I'd like to learn before just giving up on it.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Cant mez giants. Only charm
Old 06-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant mez giants. Only charm
Is this some P99 change that happened in a patch and isn't classic and no one updated the wiki or something? Every single wiki entry (as well as on mqemulator.net) for Kael guards just say unstunnable.

Is there an accurate list out there of mobs that are unmezzable?
Closed Thread