Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Orc

Default How easy is it for a gnome to head over to commons?

Feel like I want to recreate my DE wizard to gnome for the fun times and no idea how easy it might be/not be to get over to the commons area at early level. I see from the maps there is a boat, anything to look out for? Thanks!
Old 11-11-2019, 03:15 AM
Orc

Pretty easy as long as your careful about what mobs you’re running by to get there. From steamfont, just follow path to Lfay avoiding any KoS animals. Then run along edges of map to gfay (watch out for the very angry unicorn that will 1 shot you).

Follow path to butcher block (watch out for wolves and orcs roaming).

Butcher block will probably be the longest run with the most kos mobs roaming so just be aware and avoid those.. lots of guard tower check points to run to if you get into trouble. You’ll pass by Kaladim so if you want to bind just in case, not a bad idea.

Sit and wait at dock for boat.. boom you’re in Freeport.. look for a bind and enjoy the commons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].. don’t forget to ask for a bind!

Edit: I don’t think gnome wizzies have any major faction issues in Freeport, but someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong
Last edited by Mooshu3100; 11-11-2019 at 03:17 AM..
Old 11-11-2019, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Should be pretty easy - when passing through lesser faydark, hug the wall not the path. Use a map online for all of this. Use the path in gfay to get to butcherblock, and again to the docks. Watch out for goblins/an ogre on the roads, but it should be easy to avoid anything dangerous if you keep your eyes open. Once you get on the boat(don't fall off or get off the boat till you get to freeport) and get to freeport, try to get someone to bind you in freeport. You can ask in east commons or freeport itself for this. Once you've done that, congratulations. Freeport is your new home.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-11-2019, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

Worship Brell Serilis my fine friend! That is step one of your rebirth. After that everything else will fall into place.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worship Brell Serilis my fine friend! That is step one of your rebirth. After that everything else will fall into place.

Curious, I've seen so many people saying Solusek Ro all the way for wizard. After looking at Brell it definitely looks like a good Gnome pick, is your choice based on flavor? I only ask because I just can't help myself...if I lost out on something noteworthy I might be tempted to roll again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Very easy to get to Antonica, but Faydwer is way better for early levels than the commons is. Just FYI.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very easy to get to Antonica, but Faydwer is way better for early levels than the commons is. Just FYI.

Thanks! The reason I wanted to head over is because I love The Feerrott believe it or not haha. Nobody there, every 10 steps is a skelly or lizard with chips,weapons,kit etc and of course lizard meats/tails to pass off to an evil race for turnings etc. Are there any spots like that near Gnome home town with tons of low drops and turn in goodies perhaps? Thanks All, much appreciated
Old 11-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 for faydwer.. noob grounds > orc hill > CB > unrest > MM so easy haha
Old 11-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu3100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 for faydwer.. noob grounds > orc hill > CB > unrest > MM so easy haha
Yeah I mean it's a much more ideal leveling path than trying to grind it out in the Commons and Ro. However, I did a mix of Commons, Ro, and Qeynos area this time because I'm so sick of the typical leveling path that you cited above.

But yeah if you're not used to it, Faydwer is the best path.
Closed Thread