Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacocky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol that's one fat cat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Old 09-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 09-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

If you have a problem with what people are asking, just set your own price. I'm willing to bet if you bumped a thread in EC Tunnel for a week that said "WTB Holgresh Elder Beads 125k" you'd probably find a couple people willing to sell. Could probably find them for 110 or 100 even if you bumped for a few months and ignored Schnick trolling your threads.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought of this regarding CoS, if we just destroyed 25,000 Circlet of Shadow, perhaps they would actually end up worth quite a bit of plats.

We should set up a pixel incineration loc, where people drop off rare or no-longer dropped items and systematically destroy them.

Once there's only 1-5 left of these items on the server, their worth would inflate to ceilings never thought possible.
I'll destroy my RoA if you destroy yours first....I promise
Old 09-21-2017, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Keep complaining and I'll raise the price to 250k.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:22 AM
Fire Giant

marketing 101 inflate the price, sell for the true price adding a little more = profit.

example: Market Price 150k, advertise 170k, sells for 152k.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
marketing 101 inflate the price, sell for the true price adding a little more = profit.

example: Market Price 150k, advertise 170k, sells for 152k.
That's just it. Thing is everyone undercuts your price you post an item at, very rarely is someone buying your item for the amount you ask unless it's cheaply priced or they are in a hurry to buy and leave EC, OR they simply don't know the worth and don't care enough to find out.

Most traders/sellers know this, so they mark items up. The added benefit to marking items up is the auction trackers keep track of the items openly priced, so this will give it added "value."

There are so many variables as to why a person prices an item the way they do, it's not worth getting ruffled over.

Some people price things retardedly high because they don't know any better. Some people price things high because they want maximum profit. Some people price things high because they really don't want to sell the item but will if offered more than what the item is "worth."

The reasons go on and on, which is why I might scoff at a high price and even chuckle at it too, but that's the extent of my concern when seeing items priced high.

People that anger over auction prices, I have a question for you. When you want an item, and see it being auctioned for half the worth, do you make sure to tell the seller it's actually worth double what they asking? That's the "fair" thing to do right? I mean, you would never rip someone off, buying an item for half of what it's worth even though that's what they asking, right?

Nah you don't. You buy it for cheap, because it saves you plats. IMO This is no different than selling an item for double what it's market value is worth then. Chances are it won't sell if a seller is asking double what the item is usually worth, but if it does sell, honestly who cares? That's the business between the buyer and the seller.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Beads are so dumb, one of the most over-powered items in the game along with Fungi tunic. It makes monk pulling totally trivial. Able to agro stuff that is out of line of sight is so not classic.

I've face pulled HoT before and died a bunch but it was super fun, I began to learn how to use certain angles and when to flop, etc. Problem was the raiders were used to faster pulls since you can agro stuff with eye and just bring it all back to camp super fast.

Beads are preventing people from a true classic experience. I wish to hell they would make Eye of Zomm a non-agro spell, strictly used for scouting.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are referencing the single zone in the game where Elder Beads are useful, and honestly they are less useful now due to how finicky FD is (IE it takes a team to pull HoT quickly). To compare Elder Beads and a fungi in terms of power is nonsense also, I would take a fungi over Elder Beads 100 out of 100 times
Then it seems to me that the issue is that Beads are still valued higher than Fungi when Fungi, in both your opinion and mine is vastly more powerful. The reason for this would appear to be public belief.
Closed Thread