Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Banned

im playing a pally so play SK is my advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Banned

As an avid Paladin lover myself I agree with the other avid Paladin lovers sentiments that you should go with the SK.

I would go as far as saying play a troll too since that regen and slam is unbeatable.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

I lean towards SK myself. I think that Paladins can be a little better group tanks in some situations (looking at you, caster heavy camps) and have more ability to help during "oh shit" situations but those situations don't make up for the SK's much more frequently useful combination of easier soloing through fear kiting, easier travel and dungeon play through invis/FD, and more reliable splitting method through snare/FD.
Last edited by Tenlaar; 10-19-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 PM
Kobold

The fact that you are basing your main on fashion means you are already a pro.

I have both and SK is definitely more fun and versatile. Pal is probably slightly better at tanking, due to buffs/heals, though gear matters a lot more for that comparison. I have an Ogre SK but absolutely regret it fashion wise. Verant/SOE really phoned it in for Ogre fashion. I don't think going Human will have a huge impact on you, (noticeable yes but not existential) and on the plus side there are very few human (or erudite) SKs.

While SKs can solo really well, especially with Kunark snare/fear clickies, I strongly suggest grouping as much as possible to both build up relationships (that's what the game is for, really) and also tanking/pulling skills, plus it lets you show off your fashion. In many situations SKs are the best pullers, thanks to undead lull, fear, snare, fd, insta-invis, pets, and HP/AC, but people have been conditioned to use monks and only consider them most of the time. Which is great for us lazy SKs. :P

For completeness, my Pally is pretty tough to kill, but also pretty boring and repetitive to play. Being able to tank, CH (once) and rez can be super useful in one specific circumstance--a situation in which you generally hope you never find yourself.

On the other hand, SK is more useful in more situations, normal situations, and situations that are more fun to be in, IMHO.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

I also am torn between all the tanks, I just can't put together the characters I want for green ;D Today ive been testing Troll and Ogre SK's, Halfling Druids and Clerics, and Dwarf and Erudite Paladins ;p

So conflicted on everything.
I like every role but only want to limit myself to 2 chars that aren't any of my blue mains (bard/wiz/monk)
Old 10-19-2019, 11:28 PM
Orc

Oh definitely not a pro here haha.. have logged many hours here and there (filthy casual) lurked on forums, but never made it to the raid scene haha.

I definitely prefer grouping over solo, but like the option for those times when life gets in the way of Norrath life haha.

Great input and info from everyone so far! Can’t wait to ding that first level after fighting shadows in the dark for 3 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2019, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu3100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh definitely not a pro here haha.. have logged many hours here and there (filthy casual) lurked on forums, but never made it to the raid scene haha.

I definitely prefer grouping over solo, but like the option for those times when life gets in the way of Norrath life haha.

Great input and info from everyone so far! Can’t wait to ding that first level after fighting shadows in the dark for 3 hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, consider this: how many modern mmo's and games allow you to play as a truely evil character? Even the "Dark" characters in modern games are heros of light, its silly. Be a real Ahole. Be a Shadow Knight!

"You are your dark god's tool for the destruction of good. Your god has chosen you, and made you more than what you were before. His dark gifts flow through you. You can feel that power pulsing in your veins, and you can share that feeling with others, making them writhe in the grip of agony. Your life is lived to see others die. The weak, the foolish, and any who oppose the will of your god will be struck down by the force of your dark powers, and the bite of your steel. Corruption, tyranny, death, and war, these are your watchwords. Strife follows you wherever you go, and you are usually the source of it. You feel no pity or remorse for those you trod under your steel-shod feet, for they are inferior, and know not the beauty of the dark visions your god has granted of you, of the power they oppose. Your god is great and terrible, and you are the walking proof of this, every day."
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, consider this: how many modern mmo's and games allow you to play as a truely evil character? Even the "Dark" characters in modern games are heros of light, its silly. Be a real Ahole. Be a Shadow Knight!

"You are your dark god's tool for the destruction of good. Your god has chosen you, and made you more than what you were before. His dark gifts flow through you. You can feel that power pulsing in your veins, and you can share that feeling with others, making them writhe in the grip of agony. Your life is lived to see others die. The weak, the foolish, and any who oppose the will of your god will be struck down by the force of your dark powers, and the bite of your steel. Corruption, tyranny, death, and war, these are your watchwords. Strife follows you wherever you go, and you are usually the source of it. You feel no pity or remorse for those you trod under your steel-shod feet, for they are inferior, and know not the beauty of the dark visions your god has granted of you, of the power they oppose. Your god is great and terrible, and you are the walking proof of this, every day."
Putting that in my bio, and figuring out a way into the games coding so every time I zone in somewhere everyone hears darth Vader breathing and theme song haha.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also think SK. Bertox human SK very badass!
The best! Coolest guildhall and best npc names in Norrath!
Old 10-19-2019, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Play an SK. The utility they have between tanking, fear, invis, feign death, snares, and summon corpse make them the clear choice in my book. Also if you can wait a few months you can make one of them sexy Eru SK's.
Closed Thread