Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice code Haynar, going to submit it to KLS and see what she thinks about it. If not ready for prime time Emu as a rule value but would work for us we'll get it implemented here exclusively.
YAY! keep us updated Aeolwind.

Last night I spend 5 hours LFG, I don't mind cause I still did some stuff but if I can solo some LB/DB mobs in that time I'm LFG for that long it would make the grind that much less mind numbing.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Kobold

That's really awesome thanks to Haynar and Aeol for forwarding it on.

I really hope it is a very tiny adjustment. I also don't want to see melee turning into zol knights overnight.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Keep in mind, it will be going to the test server first, I'll notify in a separate thread when it does so people can go test. And with all the people complaining, I better see at least 20 people over there! I'll see about getting Nilbog to do a character transfer from live to test as well.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Large Rat

Thanks Haynar! Count me in for testing
Old 11-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Developer

I have a little time to play with programming today I think.

Do you want me to look at pet dual wielding too? What level of pet to start this check?

I am not the fastest with this code, so takes me a bit of time to figure out.

The mitigation was a pain, because I was putting values in spreadsheets, and fitting curves, blah no fun.

Haynar
Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind, it will be going to the test server first, I'll notify in a separate thread when it does so people can go test. And with all the people complaining, I better see at least 20 people over there! I'll see about getting Nilbog to do a character transfer from live to test as well.
which server is the test server? I see a 3rd server in the gold section but its LOCKED... I'll do a test for the bard community. Played bards on Live and most recently on Mac server (very close to classic)
Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
We have a test server? What is it. I didn't notice one in the server list. I play a magician, so I dont really have intimate knowledge of the melee problems and therefore would likely be unable to provide any insight as to whether or not the changes are working, but it is nice to know what the test server is in case there is anything I can help with in testing.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I just added a sticky.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Orc

Thumbs up

Sorry for the poor grammar and wall of text in advance.

Aeolwind could we get a copy of the current Attack.cpp file the server is using to look at that changes made to increase player hit rate to see if they affect NPC hitrates in anyway. The real problem will lie with NPC hit rates now, if this mitigation code is implemented.

From my limited ability to decipher the code, if its the same as stock, just changing the NPCBonusHitChance to a single digit value or even zero would change the hit rates to values a lot closer to what i remember from live. A multiplier for the level check of the defender might be in order here to keep mob hit rates vs casters, leather, and chain classes at a higher level then tanks. I have no experience with how often a non plate class should actually should get hit though. Maybe something close to the ratio of the defense caps of each class. So for a caster class which i *think* caps at 150 or so an effectve level of ((150/210)*players level).

One odd thing i do see is that you seem punished by leveling on the mitigation side of the code. This isn't too bad as long as you are getting increases to your AC each level. However, Defense caps at lvl 42 for tanks and after that level the only AC increases you get are entirely from gear. Also being classic, you are generally leveling on the same mobs from lvl 40ish to lvl 50 so you are likey to start getting hit for full damage by the same mobs more often as you level, which from my personal and anecdotal experience doesn't sound correct. I would guess a tank might have 750-775 ac at lvl 40 and top out from planar gear at somewhere between 850ac and 900ac at 50.

This will probably be balanced out somewhat or entirely by the actual chance of being hit going down more at lvls 42-50 though. However, on live from my experience and reading stories about people deleveling themselves, the chance to be hit seems to be based mostly or entirely on the Defense skill of the person being attacked and not the characters level. This would suggest that from 42 to 50 there was likely little or no change in a mobs chance to hit a tank. But, again you were generally leveling on the same high 30's and low 40's mobs so the chance to be hit didn't go up in most non raid situations.

Thank you Haynar, Aeolwind, and all the other Dev's out there. A bandaid fix that gets the game playable now is much better then waiting much longer to get it perfect the first time.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Developer

It looks like to me that melee hit rates were raised by increasing Combat:BaseHitChance.

The only way I can reproduce the kind of avoidance we are seeing, was by not lowering the NPCBonusHitChance, so that the sum is not greater than 95.

I did confirm in the code that both NPCs and PCs use BaseHitChance. The NPCBonusHitChance is only applied when mobs hit players. So if they sum higher, then you have to have a lot of avoidance for a mob to even start to miss you.

I really was not trying to make the mitigation tables be "Classic" specific.

Haynar
Closed Thread