Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 12:07 AM
Kobold

I hear you can just edit the wiki to enforce your own personal player agreement
Last edited by REMEZ; 06-28-2020 at 12:13 AM..
Old 06-28-2020, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heck a level 50 would barely contribute to the fight unless it was maybe a cleric.
This isn’t really true at all. Firstly anyone can help with the train and tag. Secondly the captain is only level 58 and isn’t a particularly tough one. It is easily tanked by characters in their early 50s. I’ve done it myself.

Saying these characters barely contribute and don’t deserve loot is frankly ridiculous. You may as well say non of the level 60s deserve nToV or city leader gear as the 60s barely contribute (similar level difference and in fact even greater disparity of power).

The fact is a force of 50s in mediocre velious gear could absolutely kill captain, and really I feel they deserve it more than a bunch of bottom feeding 60s fighting a single blue mob at zoneline.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t really true at all. Firstly anyone can help with the train and tag. Secondly the captain is only level 58 and isn’t a particularly tough one. It is easily tanked by characters in their early 50s. I’ve done it myself.

Saying these characters barely contribute and don’t deserve loot is frankly ridiculous. You may as well say non of the level 60s deserve nToV or city leader gear as the 60s barely contribute (similar level difference and in fact even greater disparity of power).

The fact is a force of 50s in mediocre velious gear could absolutely kill captain, and really I feel they deserve it more than a bunch of bottom feeding 60s fighting a single blue mob at zoneline.
they dont have their zoneline dragons anymore. This is all they have left.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisamori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The agreement exists for the same reason, though? Whatever method people want to use to determine loot/kill ownership exists to try to encourage "fairness", in whatever way suits the players or the GMs. Clickfest is no more unfair than a list or a roll. The idea was to create a weighted roll combining some aspects of list and roll.

In fact, list wouldn't even be a terrible idea for scout. Stormfeather worse and combines with another clickfest to produce an item. I imagine a list for scout might be 12 to 15 long given that Stormfeather is typically 4 to 8 or so.

I think the BYOR people were of the mind that your raid force must be present and ready to engage within a very short time (second), or effectively camping for the roll chance with you. This would drastically reduce the number of people even contesting. At least that's what I gather from reading the older posts of people who proposed this.
why even bother rolling if we all have a force tho lol. Cliqfest
Old 06-28-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisamori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The agreement exists for the same reason, though? Whatever method people want to use to determine loot/kill ownership exists to try to encourage "fairness", in whatever way suits the players or the GMs. Clickfest is no more unfair than a list or a roll. The idea was to create a weighted roll combining some aspects of list and roll.
What is more fair than a /random 1000 ?

a list system simply will never be implemented. the list system was a good idea on green, so logically it could work on blue. Rog-bog knew they were gonna use the /list system for green over a year ago. They had it worked out. They could implement it on blue anytime they wanted. They did not do so, because blue is "done".

So that leaves you with the existing system. Where fairness is determined by a roll.

Everyone that has won the roll has been thankful that a kill force was present.

When you win the roll you will be thankful that a kill force IS present.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why even bother rolling if we all have a force tho lol. Cliqfest
People do have a raid force, but not necessarily to contest the scout because they have to be present with raidforce at the time it spawns. This wasn't my suggestion so it's read on what others posted. If people have to mobilize a group, this reduces the number of people contesting it, perhaps even to where only a few or a single group(s) are there.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone that has won the roll has been thankful that a kill force was present.

When you win the roll you will be thankful that a kill force IS present.
Exactly this!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is more fair than a /random 1000 ?

All due respect to my former guild, this is the reason I left Dawn Believers. A /rand 1000 is not "fair" because you can be there for your 200th roll, be the only person that trains the giants to DN or the only person that rips the Captain off the train, and not get it, but someone shows up w/ their lvl50 alt for the first time and does a /rand 1000 and gets their item and dips.

Is that fair? No. Is it still fairer than Clickfest where certain individuals will always get it first because of either low ping or automation? Sadly, yes.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All due respect to my former guild, this is the reason I left Dawn Believers. A /rand 1000 is not "fair" because you can be there for your 200th roll, be the only person that trains the giants to DN or the only person that rips the Captain off the train, and not get it, but someone shows up w/ their lvl50 alt for the first time and does a /rand 1000 and gets their item and dips.

Is that fair? No. Is it still fairer than Clickfest where certain individuals will always get it first because of either low ping or automation? Sadly, yes.
"Fair" means that no other player has an advantage to win over another player.

/random is an equal chance to win for any player who rolls

Your bad luck does not mean unfair. It means the dice hate you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Scout roll is literally the worst thing about p99, I support any and all amendments to this abomination

Force people to play the game for loot
Closed Thread