Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-18-2023, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

What agenda? I'm pretty basic tbh. I started the morning motto thread, remember? What is your morning motto?
Old 05-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool! Now do Pepe…
See avatar.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was told Nazis don't exist in this country (by a forum Nazi).
Old 05-18-2023, 01:09 PM
Banned

i did not see that post coming
Old 05-18-2023, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh those guys are actual white supremacist Nazis lol

Look up Azov Battalion lol
Ok, I did. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Azov Assault Brigade ... founded in May 2014 as the Azov Battalion ... [is] a volunteer paramilitary militia under the command of Andriy Biletsky to fight pro-Russian forces in the war in Donbas. It was formally incorporated into the National Guard on 11 November 2014 ... the unit has drawn controversy over its early and allegedly continuing association with far-right groups and neo-Nazi ideology ... The regiment's size was estimated to be around 900 to 2,500 combatants in 2017–2022.
So there's a group of (maybe, it's debatable) Nazis in the Ukranian military: a whopping 2,500 people (max) before the war. So how big of a percentage of Ukraine's army is that?

Quote:
As of 2016, there were a reported 169,000 personnel in the Ukrainian Ground Forces.[72] The 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine resulted in massive increases in personnel numbers; Defence Minister Resnikov stated the armed forces had a strength of 700,000 in July 2022, not counting the border guard, national guard, or police.
Even going by the pre-war numbers (169k) and assuming the maximum possible size of that brigade (2.5k) that would make them less than 15% of the Ukranianan army. Going by the much larger war numbers, it would make them 0.03%.

Now, what percentage of the January 6th rioters expressed white supremacist views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://rollcall.com/2021/02/16/pentagon-report-reveals-inroads-white-supremacists-have-made-in-military/
about 15 percent of the more than 230 people criminally charged so far, according to news reports
To summarize, once the war started this brigade was 0.03% of the Ukranian army, but you're deciding to be against them because of that 0.03%. I'd bet the US Army has at least 0.03% white supremacists or "Nazis" in it: are you against the US Army?

Meanwhile, pre-war, about the same percentage of white supremacists made up the Ukranian army as the January 6th rioters. I'm sure you're firmly against the January 6th rioters ... right?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Apologies, I think I had a decimal place off: that should be 0.3%, not 0.03%.

Still, it's a tiny fraction, and again I'd guess that at least 0.3% of the US Army harbors white supremacist views. I couldn't find any official numbers (I wouldn't expect the army to publish anything like that), but a survey from the military times (https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...e-duty-troops/) found:

Quote:
36 percent of troops who responded have seen evidence of white supremacist and racist ideologies in the military
... so I don't think 0.3% is much of a stretch.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i did not see that post coming
Listen they just want to send all the Jews in the country somewhere else, try not to think too hard about it.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:17 PM
Banned

They're definitely not Nazis though, for rhetorical reasons.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Man, I can't math this morning: 15% should have been 1.5%! So 1/10th of the percentage of Nazis on Jan 6th!

Old 05-18-2023, 01:19 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]