Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Concealed carry permit holders are more law abiding than actual police, statistically. Of course people should be responsible with their guns, but you're not going to hear a news story about responsible gun owners being responsible. "John Doe continued to have his gun safely secured today" isn't a news story, you're only made aware of the times where shit goes sideways which skews the perception of safety.

Botten thinks guns are uniquely capable of killing people, which just isn't true. A car can take out far more people far more quickly than any semi-automatic gun. The Nice, France truck attack for instance. Dude killed 86 people by just running them over, which is a higher body count than any mass shooting that has ever occurred in the US. And that guy was stopped by.... a gun.

Wanting to ban guns is mostly just an emotional, irrational response to tragedies that get plastered all over TV for months.
True, we don’t know the number of truly responsible, model citizen type of gun owners out there

But there’s what I perceive to be a dangerously large amount of irresponsible ones too. Leaving their shit out. Being just a dumb person in general, who isn’t even good at shooting a gun or gun safety, getting hammered and then carrying their gun ready to “defend themselves”. We hear about these scenarios that end in disaster, but just like the hidden responsible number, there’s an unknown amount of people this shitty/irresponsible existing not happening to kill someone (yet)
Old 07-09-2023, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Crap, I forgot to grab onions at the store - better get my gun and head back.
Old 07-09-2023, 12:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At a certain point in that kind of discussion you also have to ask, "borders for what?" Borders are pressing in 2023.

What about 1823? Even 1923?

Global pop today is 8 billion. Population in the early 1800's was a bit over 1 billion. Even 100 years later, it still was not 2 billion. 2 billion is around 1930. Then 3 billion in 1960. 1974, 4 billion; 1987, 5 billion; 1999 was the glorious 6 billion mark; 2011 was 7, and 8 was just recently.

The meaning of a border, or how much one even thinks it matters, is relative to what the borders contain. And until relatively recent, borders always have had hot spots but this notion of lines on a globe, per se?

Not much lol. Unless you dig the maps, no?
Nonsense. Sykes Picot was proven the correct course during the last footy tournament.

Should do that more, really. ⚽
Old 07-09-2023, 12:49 AM
Banned

The murder weapon isn't the problem, necessarily, it's that America is fundamentally white supremacist and white supremacy requires violence to exist. That violence also creates reactionary violence, which white supremacists then use to justify further violence against oppressed communities.

Same old shit, but with way more guns, and during the information age.
Old 07-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

how does a white supremacist country allow a black man to become president?
Old 07-09-2023, 01:54 AM
Banned

Lol this last page reads like the dialogue of the nu-crime Law and Order type shows my wife watches rife with buzzword nu-political word salad.
Old 07-09-2023, 02:34 AM
Banned

My co-worker a few months back showed me a picture someone from his high school posted on fb (this co-worker is 10yrs younger and apparently these younger generations all friended all their classmates on social media and thus had their entire graduating class on fb)

Anyway, the pic was of a pistol he just bought. The guy was apparently autistic, and not the high functioning type. Or maybe not autistic, but had some cognitive issue that was apparently immediately apparent to anyone who talked to him. He also, sadly due to his mental state, had no friends and never really went out

So this lower functioning autistic man who happened to still be his own guardian decided he wanted a gun, spontaneously, and a gun store worker might have been a bit perturbed to be selling a gun to someone who was clearly mentally handicapped, but that’s his job

I’m very pro-2A, but I’ll still say there’s some people, like low functioning mentally handicapped people who already pitch fits sometimes, that probably shouldn’t be having that gun. And I personally think we have a lot of shitty irresponsible gun owners, and people should have good judgement and be competent with a gun to own one. Maybe not as a legal mandate, not going that far to say that. But it should exist more, responsible competent gun owners vs shitty ones
Old 07-09-2023, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does a white supremacist country allow a black man to become president?
Make him politically equivalent to Reagan but run him as if he's on the left, make sure most Americans can't tell that there's no leftist politics in America

Did you watch his Netflix doc? Obama despises us all
Old 07-09-2023, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make him politically equivalent to Reagan but run him as if he's on the left, make sure most Americans can't tell that there's no leftist politics in America

Did you watch his Netflix doc? Obama despises us all
True, Reagan did do amnesty.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:40 AM
Banned

Most folks I know here would tell you that America has become a more racist place since Obama's election. Tea party to alt-right to fascist pipeline. Reactionary violence. Those same reactionaries seem to be under the impression, as evidenced here in this thread, that removing what little social safety net there is in America will somehow create a more just society.

In other words, the casual racism on display in this thread is the reactionary violence being workshopped by the reactionary voter base. Their answer to nearly every problem is more violence in some form.
Closed Thread