Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Aviak

NPC roam speed seems to be a bit on the quick side. They "walk" almost as fast as we "run". Their actual agro run speed seems to be just fine, but as they roam the zones they move maybe 10-20% too fast
Old 12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Kobold

I have only been playing on this server for a few days, and haven't played EQ for several years, but I would agree with those who are saying that in Classic EQ you could not outrun a mob without hopping or strafing.

However, to those who are saying that mobs "must be" running faster because the strafing doesn't work, I think that may be an issue to some wonky pathing. Now like I said, I've only been on this server for a few days but my hours spent in Crushbone shown me some unusally intelligent and potentially buggy behavior by mobs chasing people. Often times an agro'd mob will run straight to the target regardless of terrain, vaulting moats, passing through trees and walls, etc.

Maybe my memory is just not that good but I don't recall this from Classic Live servers.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

That is a pathing issue that is separate from the runspeed issue entirely. It's not just imagined though. Pathing isn't as it is on live. It would be damned near impossible to replicate that.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onadan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, they aren't. You should be running at the same speeds of mobs w/ out sow. They should not be catching up to you and plowing you. This is why jumping was nice, it gave you extra distance. Did you even play live? How can you not remember this?
Yeah, exactly, I am seriously seeing mobs run with faster than SoW speeds with snare. Does that mean its completely impossible to Kite on this server? Orcs in CB snared are running at full speed, if not faster, and Level 1 Decaying skeletons in BBM catching up to Selo's with a drum.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

I always remember being able to run from stuff on foot. I think something should be changed

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

What really sucks about this is the fact that when a mob is under 20%, it can run as if its still 100% and sow'd lol...I had a seafury cyclops after me with 2% health, and it took me a minute of kiting just to make enough distance to root.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onadan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, they aren't. You should be running at the same speeds of mobs w/ out sow. They should not be catching up to you and plowing you. This is why jumping was nice, it gave you extra distance. Did you even play live? How can you not remember this?
I remember this more than the alternative, which is not this.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Send a message via Yahoo to Derazor

The bigger problem of this to me is the combat mechanics. You can kite in a much smaller space when mobs are not running as fast. Its not so much the getting hit in the back while running away for me. Its that overall, the mobs are moving quite a bit faster in general, and players are running the same speed. However, cast ranges and cast times havent changed, at least much, so the time you have to cast, land snares/roots/dots, ect is much reduced, especially when your working in a smaller space.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Kobold

I would just like to say on live, jboots were an entirely viable option for wizards to quad kite with..now jboots are basically good for one thing..running away. The time it takes for jboots to distance you enough to cast a spell is significantly longer than it was on live.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

OK Honestly, I never played a kiting class, so while run speeds may seem to work for getting away from mobs (its good), maybe it does need some tweaking to fix kiting.

I could see why people would be upset at this, and it should be fairly obvious if this is the case (plenty of people should be able to confirm this?).