Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Large Rat

Default Sphinxes in Rathe Mountains

I remember that there was always rumors floating around about the sphinxes and beetles in Rathe Mountains. I'm just curious if there are infact quests associated with these sphinxes and if there is, have they been fixed/implemented?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

There is but they were never fully solved. Cant implement something you dont know what leads to, there now just trash NPC's.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Did the EQ live devs ever disclose how many quests were never figured out? or at least give a rough estimate? The way some of these quests begin, I can't even imagine how anyone figured out half the ones we know of.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

And by the way I used to love reading about all the theories too. This exchange comes to mind (taken from Alla): http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=26

Unknown area in RM
Posted: Jul 20th 2003 3:33am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
acedaddy
Send PM Add to address bookBooks
34 posts
Score: Decent
Ok, I have been exploring RM and found an are by Zaza the sphinx that looks like it could be an entrance to a dungeon. When you look at the front it has blue flames to the left and right with a path down the middle that leads to what could be a door but it is a wall. There are also two hands that have flames in the palms of them to the left and right of the could be entrance. Now there are some emblems all around it and one on the very top of the entrance and when you click it, it says you are too far to reach but you get close and you can not get anything out of it or even close enough to reach it. If you look in the blue flames it apears that they are actually skelly bones that are on fire, and they move!! I found a wall that you can click and it moves, but there is not apparent reason as to why. I have looked all over the web and found nothing on this area of RM. Unfortunetly everyone is too worried about the HG's to even go looking around. I dont know if this is something to do with LDoN, but it has been there for a long time cause I do remember seeing it along time ago just after PoP came out. Wonder if it is a dungeon or a puzzle of some sort. Has to be something cause they went ot alot of trouble to just put some scenery in the back part of a zone that hardly anyone would find. I personally think it is one of the coolest things I have found in Norath to date.

If anyone knows anything or has already figured this out please post something. Till then I will continue to try and figure this out.

63 Drood of the Nameless
Bookmark | Link to this post 1 reply
RE: Unknown area in RM
Posted: Jul 15th 2004 1:04pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Chipndale
3 posts
I have seen this too! Every floating symbol is like a key, and when you are close enough it does nothing... I am trying different combinations of rings, and i have noticed every one is different, like a riddle, so i AM going to solve it.
----------------------------
Why do today what you can do tomorow?
If a pictures worth 1000 words, what are they?
When in giant teriroty, C sharp or B flat!
Bookmark | Link to this post 1 reply
RE: Unknown area in RM
Posted: Jul 26th 2005 3:20pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this
shadowsedge
Scholar
213 posts
probably a zone they have yet to add or changed their mind about adding. There is a place in shadeweavers thicket that seems to lead to another zone but is a dead end and is guarded by "firefall" mobs on the north side of the zone. Someone told me that this was planned to be added in later but I don't know when later is. Maybe rathe mountians is the same? I have been there and check it out a while ago and stop by once in a while. Now that the war is brewing I wonder...going to check next expansion. I was guessing that it may have to do with the 2 sphinxs but working on their faction takes for ever and they don't say hi. since one is guarding the "shrine" I have been killing the other for faction. Also the symbols on the "shrine" ar located in other places around norrath. They are in towers like the one in the oasis of marr. Their meaning is about the gods of norrath. In the center is the symbol of Veeshan. The 3 symbols in the circle are gods who are trying to keep the wurm queen in check and the 4 outside are other gods too. Supposely it has to do with the prophesy of trakanon but then I have seen those symbols else where in my travels. I wish I had the link but I lost it some time ago when my hard drive went berzerk. btw, what wall moves? Here's a nother riddle...in Timourous Deep there is a shrine in the south west corner of the zone that holds a port to each city. On each port is symbol of the city. The port is one way and when you get to teh city you can click on the stone but it says you need a key. What key?

Here's a link about the sphinx...http://bhur.silverwordz.com/sections...ticle&artid=25
but not much help.

Edit: They ended up using Ankhefenmut as part of the Beastlord epic: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3100
Also they did end up completely changing RM when they moved the Guktans there so the above was most likely extremely early plans for the zone for expansions. Still neat though.
Last edited by guineapig; 01-11-2010 at 03:14 PM..
Closed Thread