Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulButConcerned101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not person A and person B, its person A and person(s) B
A full party of level 10s trying to camp the Taskmaster in CB are barred from camping it when a single level 39 bard shows up because he wants a brass earring for his level 4 warrior twink. Meanwhile a similar instance is occurring at the Warlord spawn, the Slaver camp, the TR and the Tower. 5 or 6 out of 6 or 7, major camps in a major newbie levelling zone, in this instance the number one and first dungeon that every player making a wood elf or high elf has access to are camped by level 30s. So we have 6 guys owning the entire zone while 6 times 6 =36 players of appropriate level are unable to group for a camp and trying to solo wandering mobs while yelling lfg. their option? die in lesser faydark, solo in butcherblock (this is a group/team based game) or wait half an hour for a boat to come just to face the same issue in Befallen if they can even hang in the first hallway as most of them are level 5-10, now take that head out of your arse and realize that not everyone is a lifer in video games, many of these people are actual newbs and don't even know there is a boat, or a steamfont mountains, and are thinking, this game sux, I cant solo anything, I cant group anywhere and I don't know squat.
My god lad do you have to write a paragraph everythime you SPEAK!?
Old 12-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

If Billy Madison can do it, then so can we.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulButConcerned101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not person A and person B, its person A and person(s) B
blahblahblah
blahblahblah
blahblahblah
blahblahblah
blahblahblah

This game might be a bit too high stress for you. Perhaps you should look into relaxation therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you don't show the very human attributes of empathy and altruism. Maybe you'll get along with that odus guy whose 12 hours deep on a camp during Thanksgiving dinner.

It's a fucking game you don't pay for, share your toys once in a while. They went over that in kindergarten right?

Yes, and then I went to middle school where I learned that in the real world people are selfish, and one must deal with them as they really are, not as you wish them to be.

Empathy is a bullshit emotion that people use to manipulate you. It's generally a good idea to ignore it. For example, what about empathy for the high lvl you want to kick out of a camp? It all depends on who is better at manipulating you, therefore ignore it and rely on cold hard logic.

Altruism opens you up to being taken advantage of, and actually incentivizes selfish behavior in others (see: tit-for-tat survival strategy in games theory.)

Enlightened self-interest is the optimum strategy. How does it benefit a high lvl to abandon a camp in favor of low lvls? It doesn't, therefore it is foolish for that high lvl to abandon it.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Cooperation beats tit for tat. For example, you may win in the short-term by looking out for yourself, but in the long-term it turns the place into P99.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cooperation beats tit for tat. For example, you may win in the short-term by looking out for yourself, but in the long-term it turns the place into P99.
Read first, then comment.

Tit-for-tat is a cooperative strategy. It beat out other strategies in computer simulations, and its been observed in some animal species. Basically, it mirrors the actions of the other: if they are cooperative, then you be cooperative. If they are selfish, then you be selfish.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read first, then comment.

Tit-for-tat is a cooperative strategy. It beat out other strategies in computer simulations, and its been observed in some animal species. Basically, it mirrors the actions of the other: if they are cooperative, then you be cooperative. If they are selfish, then you be selfish.
No it's not. You're thinking of reciprocal altruism.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

its not my fault you have the attention span of a 5 yr old, and nothing to add but complaints, no doubt a liberal.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
its not my fault you have the attention span of a 5 yr old, and nothing to add but complaints, no doubt a liberal.
Oh, hey! It's the tool from this trainwreck of a thread! Welcome back, big guy! I hope you'll entertain us a bit longer this time around.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

the games not stressful to me at all. I could care less if my toon is naked in fact soem are. You guys are stressed out while yo argue over trivail shit that is obvious......
and my god that diatribe about altrusim serves only to reveal how much of an ahole u are.......................
Old 12-04-2019, 04:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

and there he is everytime i come here no matter the time of day or day of week with weeks in between momentary visits hes got an insult prepared

dude get off the comp and find a woman. you sit in here all day with nothing but trolling?
Closed Thread