Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's only a half truth though, because even the lower-pop servers on live were as big as green is now, let alone before the merger. Folks stayed more spread out on live than on here, granted, but people don't HAVE to cluster up on here either. They CHOOSE to play in crowded spots.
I feel like you entirely missed the point (which as I saw it at least, had nothing to do with clustering or any other specific detail).

The point was, EverQuest was not a book or movie, with one version. It was a game, played by ten thousand-plus (twenty? thirty? anyone got stats on the total classic population?) different people, on some double-digit number of servers.

For many different aspects of the game, you can't simply say "people on live did X (clustered, rotated, whatever)" more, or less, or whatever than people here, because there was no unified "people on live" as a single entity. Sure there are general trends, but you can't oversimplify things and ignore that there were also quite literally thousands of undeniably different experiences.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:37 PM
Kobold

in classic eq people took many months to get 50, because instead of waiting in lines they went to less efficient exp zones or just played a alt, green is basically 1 for 1 classic right now
Old 01-23-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like you entirely missed the point (which as I saw it at least, had nothing to do with clustering or any other specific detail).

The point was, EverQuest was not a book or movie, with one version. It was a game, played by ten thousand-plus (twenty? thirty? anyone got stats on the total classic population?) different people, on some double-digit number of servers.

For many different aspects of the game, you can't simply say "people on live did X (clustered, rotated, whatever)" more, or less, or whatever than people here, because there was no unified "people on live" as a single entity. Sure there are general trends, but you can't oversimplify things and ignore that there were also quite literally thousands of undeniably different experiences.
I was a bit vague I guess. I don't deny everyone had different experiences on classic, but I do disagree with slayith's implication that he didn't have to settle for less-preferred camps as part of his classic experience like Dolalin was talking about earlier.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Aviak

It's not about preferred camps. I totally agree with the merger forcing people to spread as they level.
On classic outside of raiding I didn't deal with 4+ hour wait times for lvl 50 content. By the time that many 50s levels existed a new split happened.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:25 PM
Orc

Do people kill the pits of permafrost? high lvl bears and such down there.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do people kill the pits of permafrost? high lvl bears and such down there.
It's too difficult and too much of a pain in the ass to get to for it to be a viable grinding spot pre-50, but it's a popular spot for druids at level 55 or so.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are off by a lot.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's only a half truth though, because even the lower-pop servers on live were as big as green is now, let alone before the merger. Folks stayed more spread out on live than on here, granted, but people don't HAVE to cluster up on here either. They CHOOSE to play in crowded spots.

And then they CHOOSE to come to the forums, ask for advice, then ignore the advice to go back to waiting in line for a group.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are off by a lot.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, a whole order of magnitude no less! I was trying to not overstate my point, and since I didn't know the exact numbers I hedged too low (apparently stupidly low [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Thanks for making my point an order of magnitude stronger!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

That's because Age of Conan had a good bait and switch. The starter island area up to level ~20 was very well done and polished and it's all people had access to in the Beta. But everything after that was totally unfinished - once launch happened and people were able to advance past what they saw in Beta it was too late. Funcom already had their $75 from game sale and first month of subscription.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-21-2020, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

So I did Kaladim Guards yesterday on my bard(lvl 48) and there is 22 lvl 39-42 guards on a 24 minute timer. These guys only have like 3.4k hp and each one drops an axe + shield worth 15pp plus 0-3pp raw plat per kill. They are warrior mobs. There is a zem. Completely I utilized leveling spot. It was fairly easy to pick off the pathers then split the camp. I later enlisted a magician to join me and we still could not kill all the guards going non stop before repops.... was great xp and there’s a merchant and bank super close if you have invis or sneak.
Closed Thread