Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Banned

Pretty classy to subtly call me an idiot instead of trying to convince me that my position (which i tried to present humourously) is wrong. Insult is the last refuge of scoundrels etc... You can have your thread now im not trying to derail it.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What defines when a fight is over?
Example: a large-scale fight breaks out at Karnor's / Dreadlands zoneline where each side takes deaths and neither side calls Loot and Scoot. One side holds Dreadlands and the other side holds Karnor's. When are people allowed to rez?
When one of the forces calls LNS. Then they can rez and go.

VZTZ we would fight over a mob until one side gave up. I think we had to defend Plane of Fear outnumbered by 30 fishbait until they finally stopped bind rushing and called LNS.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When one of the forces calls LNS. Then they can rez and go.

VZTZ we would fight over a mob until one side gave up. I think we had to defend Plane of Fear outnumbered by 30 fishbait until they finally stopped bind rushing and called LNS.
The good days...
Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Aviak

So when a guild leader calls LnS for a guild, even the people that has not yet been downed are offlimits for the other guild?

/mysig
Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds good, except pvp res should be allowed and then that player could continue to fight if he doesn't ask for LNS. It's a nerf to res classes if you cannot res players.
I agree that not being able to res players mid fight in a large scale battle kind of sucks, but this is to prevent 20 hour long endurance fights between large groups of people. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose and gtfo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A SURRENDER option should be given. If SURRENDER is called, all pvp in that zone will cease, and corpse runs will be uninterrupted (even if you didn't die). The SURRENDERING guild has 15 minutes to rez up and leave zone.
That's basically the way it works with this rule set, minus the 15 minute timer.

The idea behind allowing players who have already been killed be killed again without being able to fight back is so that if someone decides they don't want to follow the rules and runs into the middle of a fight and there's not a CSR there to see it, people can actually do something about it without getting punished. It's also so that you sneaky fucks (I'm looking at you, Red Dawn) can't sit back and heal/buff their players when a CSR isn't around and claim they are under protection. If anyone gets caught by a CSR or fraps'd healing/buffing/attacking after they've been killed in mass PvP, they will get disciplined.

You guys wanted clearer, easier to follow, more flexible rules, and separate definitions for large and small scale PvP. I think this does that nicely. None of this is set in stone, that's why it's posted here for feedback.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

So if the other side is waiting in the adjacent zone, the fight continues?
What defines zone control?

Example: If we initiate a fight in Plane of Fear (some deaths occur), then all zone out to Feerrott, does that mean the people in PoF cannot rez their dead until one side declares LNS even though neither side has the intention of doing so? Can we just sit in Feerrott all night blocking folks from rezzing in PoF because the fight has not been resolved?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
If a fight occurred across multiple zones, the winning group picks which zone the lockout will apply to.
To cover situations where PvP crosses zones.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Retired GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if the other side is waiting in the adjacent zone, the fight continues?
What defines zone control?

Example: If we initiate a fight in Plane of Fear (some deaths occur), then all zone out to Feerrott, does that mean the people in PoF cannot rez their dead until one side declares LNS even though neither side has the intention of doing so? Can we just sit in Feerrott all night blocking folks from rezzing in PoF because the fight has not been resolved?
If the people in PoF wanted to get their corpses, they would need to call LnS or zone into Feerrott and kill enough of the other side to force them to call LnS.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

no pvp rez's until one side concedes the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 01-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Added

To cover situations where PvP crosses zones.
What governs stalemates in large scale PvP? Both sides take deaths, both sides occupy a zone adjacent to each other. Neither side is willing to declare LNS. Are rezzes and corpse runs still denied to both sides?