Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Default Would any of these work well?

A friend and I have a nice duo, mage and necro. We started it as a duo we could play shitfaced. Send pets in and drink beers while it kills stuff. Perfect plan right? So far it has been. However, my friend and I realized we have to many designated groups and wanted to consolidate.

My question to you is, how good would the following duos work. We are not looking for the fastest leveling experience on these characters, we plan on doing a lot of content, most likely trying stuff we shouldnt be able to do as a duo. We also plan on farming lots of money, like sisters in OOT and spawns of the like throughout our characters journey to 60.

Mage // Necro (duh)
This is our current but we are concerned it may get a tad boring, especially the mage.

Mage // Chanter
Would this be be more viable due to chanter utility?

Druid // Chanter
would most likely use the root rot method on these two, does that ever become not viable? is there another method these two could use?

Necro // Chanter
same as mage, but would necro be better since they get some solid utility mage doesnt?

Rogue // Chanter
I vaguely remember playing a rogue with my buddies necro back in the day and did wonders fear kiting. basically a necro soling with a second rogue pet for faster killing and someone who can pull while necro meds. Would this work with a chanter? I think I would need a snare proc weapon, dont know how reliable those are.

Rogue // Necro
See above. Only remember doing this mid 20s though, and we would be doing it a LOT more than just in the 20s. viable?

Thank's everyone!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

All of those are decent except rogue/chanter IMO.

Also almost none of those have a dedicated healer which can get annoying. I'd suggest a shaman/enchanter or cleric/enchanter combo as they are both extremely OP.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue chanter, yeah... haha. If you think playing a mage is boring/annoying, try chasing unsnared feared mobs around for 60 levels. Even snared mobs suck. It's just annoying annoying annoying chasing mobs all day long. It works, but it gets old in a hurry.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Yea, I had a feeling rogue chanter would be bottom of the barrel by a decent amount.

I an hoping we don't "need" a dedicated healer if we are mostly fear kiting, charming, or root rotting.

One thing to keep in mind, Rogue will be a more gear dependent and therefor cost more money. We are looking to make money wiht this duo not spend it. Don't know if that is a large factor or not?

I am leaning towards Necro chanter, rogue necro, or druid chanter right now.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try chasing unsnared feared mobs around for 60 levels. Even snared mobs suck. It's just annoying annoying annoying chasing mobs all day long. It works, but it gets old in a hurry.
I am a monk that fear kited from when i got intimidate to 40... Can concur.
Last edited by drktmplr12; 01-30-2014 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: derp
Old 01-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, I had a feeling rogue chanter would be bottom of the barrel by a decent amount.

I an hoping we don't "need" a dedicated healer if we are mostly fear kiting, charming, or root rotting.

One thing to keep in mind, Rogue will be a more gear dependent and therefor cost more money. We are looking to make money wiht this duo not spend it. Don't know if that is a large factor or not?

Well... Without a dedicated healer duoing more high end camps will be tough/dangerous. Having a cleric/enchanter or cleric/necro definitely decreases that danger.

But among the ones you list... Chanters are the next most "gear dependent" of the classes. Even then, chanter CHA gear you can get a 200+ set for maybe 7-8k. And be set through level 60 off that set. Necros and Druids can do pretty well with limited to no gear though. However the hardest money camps you basically need an enchanter if you intend to duo it. Or a shaman (which costs you 50x more to gear and spell).

Necro/chanter would be sweet for 2 undead charmed pets in Sebilis crypt and Charasis. But it would be somewhat fragile. FD pulls and root/mez CC would do work, but only shadowbond line for healing and runes for protection (which costs money) means you'd need to be careful

Chanter/Druid is also sweet for 2 animals charmed in Chardok or kedge keep. This duo could probably do the harder camps in Sebilis and Charasis but it would be mostly strenuous on the chanter. Druid can help CC with root and patch heal chanter as needed. But most of it would come down to chanter charming mezzing slowing debuffing and likely pulling.

Neither charm duo would i wish to do extremely intoxicated though. A few beers sure. Half a case, not so much.

Fear kiting with necro/rogue I imagine drunk me could handle a lot better than a charm break at the beginning of a room break.
Last edited by Daldaen; 01-30-2014 at 02:50 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Loving this info, really helping us out.

How does a charmed pet be it an animal by the druid or anything by the chanter compare to mage // necro pets?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd vote Necro/Chanter.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Necro rogue is a baller combo.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Loving this info, really helping us out.

How does a charmed pet be it an animal by the druid or anything by the chanter compare to mage // necro pets?
Charmed pets of equal level will out tank and out DPS any Mage/necro pet.

Add in 2 weapons (or a torch) and haste... A charmed pet will outdps any equivalent level pet or player in game with exception if perhaps a chain casting wizard (who will OOM after a minute).

Charm. Is. Awesome.
Closed Thread