Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Druid/chanter! And don't dot rot... charm kill like you normally would, just with a snared pet and break and let the druid kill. Easy shmeasy.. heck even find a place where the druid can charm too... absolute pwnage.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well... Without a dedicated healer duoing more high end camps will be tough/dangerous. Having a cleric/enchanter or cleric/necro definitely decreases that danger.

But among the ones you list... Chanters are the next most "gear dependent" of the classes. Even then, chanter CHA gear you can get a 200+ set for maybe 7-8k. And be set through level 60 off that set. Necros and Druids can do pretty well with limited to no gear though. However the hardest money camps you basically need an enchanter if you intend to duo it. Or a shaman (which costs you 50x more to gear and spell).

Necro/chanter would be sweet for 2 undead charmed pets in Sebilis crypt and Charasis. But it would be somewhat fragile. FD pulls and root/mez CC would do work, but only shadowbond line for healing and runes for protection (which costs money) means you'd need to be careful

Chanter/Druid is also sweet for 2 animals charmed in Chardok or kedge keep. This duo could probably do the harder camps in Sebilis and Charasis but it would be mostly strenuous on the chanter. Druid can help CC with root and patch heal chanter as needed. But most of it would come down to chanter charming mezzing slowing debuffing and likely pulling.

Neither charm duo would i wish to do extremely intoxicated though. A few beers sure. Half a case, not so much.

Fear kiting with necro/rogue I imagine drunk me could handle a lot better than a charm break at the beginning of a room break.
I think you grossly underestimate a necros healing ability. 500hp for 40 mana/125 hp is pretty boss. Runes + necro self runes aren't THAT expensive. Just use the ones that require jaspers. At the highest levels Bedlam comes into play for ghetto heals + additional rune utility. In any area with sufficient amounts of undead mobs an enchanter+necro duo will be unstoppable.

Chanter/Druid would work out pretty well too for the reasons you say. Ensnare on a charmed mob would make for some pretty extreme safety.

Necro+Druid would be okay. I'm not sure about the immolate line of druid spells but the rest should stack together and with the druid being able to do low mana cost snares it saves the necro from having to use darkness (which isn't the best from a damage/mana ratio). Only issue is there aren't any places I'm aware of that have charm mob overlap at the high levels.

Enchanter/Mage would probably work pretty well too. Double MR debuffs will make for long charm times and you can probably pull off some funky things with COTH (does charm break if you get COTH'd?)

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Well you assume the necro would be exploiting an incorrect mechanic.

Shadowbond should siphon life from the necro, who would normally have to lifetap or leach it back. However here we have the broken "I can dispell my own siphon" which isn't classic and shouldn't work. But it does so I guess shadowbond is a decently effective heal here.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Necro/Chanter is the best out of those options by far IMO
Old 01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Basically, if you want a true power duo, it must involve an Enchanter. The class takes skill and constant attention to play effectively, however (you will always be charming a pet, dealing with potentially dangerous charm breaks and re-charming), so if you aren't up for that then don't bother. Enchanter pairs well with Cleric, Shaman and Druid, each combo with various strengths and weaknesses. You can also pair with another Enchanter or a Necro, but those pairings require both players to be highly skilled and attentive, and are more dangerous if things go wrong.

If you want a powerful but lazy duo, then it's all about the Mage/Cleric. Especially with a High Elf Cleric who can more reliably land Lulls with their high CHA. Cleric has good CC with roots, stuns and lulls, and obviously brings the heals as well. Mage brings the DPS and the tank. This is a solid duo both outdoors and in dungeons. The only knock is that it might get boring for both players, since they will basically be doing the same thing over and over (/pet attack & nuke, or heal pet & root/lull mobs). But really, that's just EQ. You're either doing one thing over and over, or a few things over and over.

Mage/Necro is more of an outdoors leveling duo than a powerful duo, although a skilled Necro and Mage could probably do some dungeons. Definitely more dangerous than any other combo listed for dungeons, though, since it lacks both the true CC of an an Enchanter and the heals of a Cleric, which every other duo has at least in part. Mage/Necro would have to make due with the 2nd rate Necro CC and third rate Necro heals.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

I am liking the concept of Druid // Chanter. Multiple ways we can duo, be it with charm, duel charm, root rot, ETC. not to mention great buffs and ports.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Anything with Mage is OP. Choose any class with Root and heals, GG.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am liking the concept of Druid // Chanter. Multiple ways we can duo, be it with charm, duel charm, root rot, ETC. not to mention great buffs and ports.
Fear or agro kiting with double charmed pets. Cheap and easy.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

A Clicky BP Cleric and a charming Chanter are so OP it is scary. Both indoors and out. And the Cleric having Rez doesn't hurt either.
Last edited by webrunner5; 01-30-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Kobold

One of my main duos on live was Enchanter / Mage. It's a stronger combo than it looks.
Closed Thread