Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't prove it but I think I mostly solo'd my cleric to 50 faster than if he had been grouped.
I leveled a cleric 1-50ish solo back before unrest was a popular place to be, and it was MUCH better to solo than be in an average (or even a good group). Still might have been faster to duo/trio with some twinks or a chanter or something, but yeah... normal groups pretty much suck.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 35-40 though I'm not sure what all is decent. I'm debating between LGuk and Spectres in QCatacombs or Feerott? Thoughts?
34-39/40 = tower in unrest. It's pretty unbeatable.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isnt enchanters solo ability defendant on charm, which is kinda unreliable?
Dependent on charm, yes. Unreliable? No.

I mean, you get charm breaks when you don't want them sometimes, and you get streaks of bad luck sometimes, and you play badly sometimes. But it's certainly not a struggle to earn xp just because charmed pets can break charm. Solo chanter isn't necessarily the absolute fastest solo xp, but it's right up there.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dependent on charm, yes. Unreliable? No.

I mean, you get charm breaks when you don't want them sometimes, and you get streaks of bad luck sometimes, and you play badly sometimes. But it's certainly not a struggle to earn xp just because charmed pets can break charm. Solo chanter isn't necessarily the absolute fastest solo xp, but it's right up there.
what exactly is the solo expeience of the shaman like? IS it kiting?
Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Untwinked wizards are mediocre solo at best, imo, since you won't probably have enough mana to quad consistently from 29-60... and killing 1 target at a time with nukes is, while doable, too slow to call it good. Oh, like Swish said though, it's a pretty nice gig if you like AFKing between kills to do something IRL so you aren't bored with all the med time.
Just make an erudite wizard and get some relatively cheap + mana items and you're GTG.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what exactly is the solo expeience of the shaman like? IS it kiting?
Dotting and meleeing at lower levels, than root/dotting later on. Sometimes 3-4 mobs at once when you get epic.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top soloing classes? In no particular order...

- Druids
- Necromancers
- Enchanters
- Shamans
- Bards (swarm kite)
- Wizards
- Mages (involves a lot of pet destroying due to the 50% damage rule)
- Clerics (with undead nukes, you're a wizard! See the Swish 1-50 cleric solo guide!)
- Monks (less so, unless you have a fungi tunic)
- Shadowknights/Rangers (slow but doable)
- Paladins (ugh)
I miss the rogue in this post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter Charm duration and even having it stick to start with is pretty much based on Charisma on here. Need 200 or more to be pretty consistent.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I miss the rogue in this post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd my Rogue from 1 - 50 faster than my necro, druid and enchanter.. however, he was quite twinked =)
Old 02-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Every class can solo "decently" (or better) from 1-50 except for warrior and rogue. Might be boring blowing up undead with a cleric 1 at a time or slowly beating down mobs with a paladin and having to heal up and med after, but it is still halfway decent xp if you pick your zone and quarry well.

Untwinked wizards are mediocre solo at best, imo, since you won't probably have enough mana to quad consistently from 29-60... and killing 1 target at a time with nukes is, while doable, too slow to call it good. Oh, like Swish said though, it's a pretty nice gig if you like AFKing between kills to do something IRL so you aren't bored with all the med time.
The level of gear needed to quad really is nothing special. Twink gear might help you to quad higher level or more resistant creatures but is not needed to quad and level at a rate much faster than conventional groups.

Even at lower levels a crack is the most helpful thing. You can also full speed quad prior to your AoE snare with jboots or a SoW.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Closed Thread