Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's interesting. I did this more than a year ago.... likely even more than that. They may have changed things. At the time I was able to simply snare them levitating above the surface.
haven't tried this, I thought you couldn't cast "through" water
Old 02-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

You shouldn't be able to cast on anything not in the same fluid medium as you.

IE if mob is in water or lava, you have to be submerged in it as well. Same goes for being in water and casting on something on land, can't do that.

It was a common strategy to bounce between water and land for PvP due to this mechanic.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Aviak

Question about Bloodgills: how exactly do you gather these? I went to LoIO the other day, and they just seemed too spread out. This in addition to having to swim seems like it would be too much of a hassle, not to mention that they hit hard (yes, I died). Maybe if I could get my hands on an EB item and max my swimming, it wouldn't be so bad. But as it stands, I just don't see why these get so much praise.

Kadatha Sharptail <BDA> ~ Level 40 Iksar Monk
Last edited by Aborath; 02-15-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aborath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question about Bloodgills: how exactly do you gather these? I went to LoIO the other day, and they just seemed too spread out. This in addition to having to swim seems like it would be too much of a hassle, not to mention that they hit hard (yes, I died). Maybe if I could get my hands on an EB item and max my swimming, it wouldn't be so bad. But as it stands, I just don't see why these get so much praise.
There is a trick to it, but once you know how to do it there is little risk. First of all, look at the map below. Notice the four pillars surrounding the oval marked number 8 on the map. Two Bloodgills spawn at the base of each pillar. You must ONLY pull your quad from either the North or South pillars. Do not try to pull from a combination of N/S and E/W. It's either N/N or S/S. The distance is too far to do otherwise (even with 200 swim) and you will get smashed underwater.

To pull the quad, first Lev yourself and obviously SoW/Jboots. Run out over the lake to just above the middle of either the North or South pillars and dive down. Occasionally there is a dark blue barracuda swimming who will agro you so watch for that. When you dive down right in the middle, target a Bloodgill on either pillar, get at max casting range, turn around and face the other pillar, then cast your flux staff. Immediately swim toward the opposite pillar and cast your flux staff on the second pair of Bloodgills, and then make a beeline for the surface. Make sure you break through the surface fully and your lev should kick in, allowing you to run across the top of the water rather than swim. From there it's just a matter of running to shore and snaring, as the Bloodgills will emerge from the water already bunched up.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aborath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) go to a reasonable sized pond or lake. Something relatively safe will do.
2) look up and start swimming in circles.
3) hit enter.
4) clean out your car, dust and surface clean your house, put toilet bowl cleaner in toilets, start laundry.
5) come back when first load is done to check progress.
6) move laundry into dryer, start a new load. Vacuum and mops floors.
7) recheck progress, adjust angle or position in lake. Continue till 200.
8) bloodgill
9) ?????
10) profit

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 02-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a trick to it, but once you know how to do it there is little risk. First of all, look at the map below. Notice the four pillars surrounding the oval marked number 8 on the map. Two Bloodgills spawn at the base of each pillar. You must ONLY pull your quad from either the North or South pillars. Do not try to pull from a combination of N/S and E/W. It's either N/N or S/S. The distance is too far to do otherwise (even with 200 swim) and you will get smashed underwater.

To pull the quad, first Lev yourself and obviously SoW/Jboots. Run out over the lake to just above the middle of either the North or South pillars and dive down. Occasionally there is a dark blue barracuda swimming who will agro you so watch for that. When you dive down right in the middle, target a Bloodgill on either pillar, get at max casting range, turn around and face the other pillar, then cast your flux staff. Immediately swim toward the opposite pillar and cast your flux staff on the second pair of Bloodgills, and then make a beeline for the surface. Make sure you break through the surface fully and your lev should kick in, allowing you to run across the top of the water rather than swim. From there it's just a matter of running to shore and snaring, as the Bloodgills will emerge from the water already bunched up.

^

I would add, you should test swimming down a little bit and then swimming up to the surface to make sure you're popping out high enough for levi to kick in. If you're not, work on your swimming skill for a little bit until you can swim fast enough to do this.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What a phallic zone!!

Also could be the middle finger.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I have not done this for a while so I forget the directions exactly (E/S/N/W) etc, but there are actually 12 goblins in the water. On the map here, small dots are single spawns and big are double. 4 are by the veksar entrance. This is a tricky pull. The way I did it was try and get within range of all 4 without being in aggro range. Then, tstaff + cyclenearestnpc +tstaff+cycle etc. Then immediately swim forward and up, and you need lev on.

Also, I forget which direction (I think it's the E pull,) but some of the BG's in the other two pulls are a bit too spread out and won't always social when you pull one pair.

If you're pulling with Tstaff you need to click at least once on a mob in each pair, and I think the East pull you might need to either click twice or make sure you target the one that will be dragged over the other.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I forget which direction (I think it's the E pull,) but some of the BG's in the other two pulls are a bit too spread out and won't always social when you pull one pair.

If you're pulling with Tstaff you need to click at least once on a mob in each pair, and I think the East pull you might need to either click twice or make sure you target the one that will be dragged over the other.
The bloodgill pairs at the NW, NE, and SE pillars will aggro together. All the bloodgills in front of the temple (by far the hardest to pull) and the pair at the SW pillar need to be pulled individually. Once you get the hang of it, it's the best quad spot in the game.
Closed Thread