Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Skeleton

Default Endless Re-roll syndrome?

Was just curious if anyone else ever had the same problem on live or in p1999: the inability to commit to a character for the long term. Even now on p1999 I can never get a character past level 20-25 because I inevitably end up deciding I want to try something else or come up with some reason why I shouldn't continue with the character I've been playing.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

35 is currently the level I get bored of playing by myself and stop to make a new toon generally, not sure why.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Banned

its because after that point you stop making big gains unless you put alot of time in
Old 02-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
35 is currently the level I get bored of playing by myself and stop to make a new toon generally, not sure why.
That's so weird; in classic through PoP, once I got to level 34, I'd always reroll or make it to 60. Those were the only 2 possibilities.
I think because 30 was such a hell level and after the 30s the group situation gets really weird... you found out who your real friends were, and your real friends found out what they were made of.

OP: Yes, that's why I didn't even let myself have a forum account until I had a first "main" that I was committed to getting to 60. I had to find something that matched, on some level, all of the criteria for being a first good main.
-Can solo if necessary
-useful to any group
-not stuck running at normal speed everywhere

Or something like that. So I went with bard at the end. But it was so bad before then that I needed more than one account to hold all of my alts.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

Well, it IS fun to play many characters. Depends on what your goals are or if you have any. If not then it really doesn't matter and as long as you are having fun then that is what matters. I personally don't feel that I need to rush to 60 so I think that explains why I had no issues choosing a Troll Shadowknight. I will get there, but main goal for him was to at least get to 30-35 for Velious.

In my case I have SO many slots filled with characters. Some just to have a name reserved and some which were just spontaneous to just get in and go through some early levels on a time where I just felt like going casual and taking it easy. Or some I just made because I know if I play this class then this is the race/class combo that I would want so when I get there I can just log right in.

But these main 3 I have are levels 30 troll/sk, 22 gnome/wiz, 17 elf bard. so if I put all the time from every single character I played into my main I would probably be at least level 50 I think.
Last edited by NextGenesis88; 02-18-2014 at 12:29 AM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 AM
Kobold

For whatever reason EQ seems to encourage the worst alt-fever I've ever had in any MMO.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

Maybe they need to do a study on this disease.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Skeleton

I've finally found a character I *think* I might actually stick with this time, of course there are tons of them on p1999 right now (enchanter). My highest was actually on here and not on live: I played a mage to 34 before retiring him. On live I got my ranger up to 30 but ended up retiring him because it was impossible to get a group since the hate for rangers was so high at the time.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Kobold

if you can stick it out and get a little higher your plat earning potential goes up quite a bit - if it's important for you to have well equipped alts.. well, that goes a long ways [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whatever reason EQ seems to encourage the worst alt-fever I've ever had in any MMO.
Nooo. Until P99, I only ever really had two EQ characters. Each character took way too much time and energy. City of Heroes is what turned me into an altaholic.
Closed Thread