Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Imo it isn't that the game is easier, it's that we are better at it. Kinda two sides of the same coin I guess.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 AM
Fire Giant

its the same game but we all know more. know about more items, know how the mechanics REALLY work, not just hearsay and rumors of how they might work.

For example and to add to the funny dumb stories of when we were noobs, i once made a wood elf war and put everything into AGI and even used AGI gear like serp bracers to try and be a "evasive" war...hehe, it was still great times
Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For example and to add to the funny dumb stories of when we were noobs, i once made a wood elf war and put everything into AGI and even used AGI gear like serp bracers to try and be a "evasive" war...hehe, it was still great times
ha i remember people doing that, surprised we haven't seen more of this popping up with things like ACR (proven apparently...)

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Certainly. We just realized the truth that the game was never really that difficult.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the game was never really that difficult.
Incorrect. The game is (mostly) what you make of it. If you take the path of least resistance all the time, then Everquest might seem like an easy game. But just because you XPed 1-60 killing light blues in outdoor zones with a full group or whatever doesn't mean that there aren't some serious challenges out there.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-20-2014 at 08:03 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Kobold

You know what was difficult. Velks Lab with that slippery effing floor in Velious. Shit was the worst during PvP
Old 02-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

I hated that damn floor. Honestly ( Im looking for hate this morning apparently ) I was never a fan of velious, granted I didn't get to raid velious during the era but the exp zones the faction grinding did not appeal to me in the least. Just an aesthetics thing

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

What was difficult is when the phone would ring and I'd go LD in the middle of a kite.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was difficult is when the phone would ring and I'd go LD in the middle of a kite.
This and the fact that we had to get multiple phone lines installed in our apartment so everyone in the apartment could play.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Let's be honest, there's a few deviations from classic that make the game significantly easier: resist system with no resist floor (used to be around 5% as a minimal resist rate in classic, wasn't changed until mid Luclin), duck spell casting, no book pre level 35, xp from light blues, lull spells actually working - to name a few.
Closed Thread