Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Most people believed it was the mass unbannings that happened when Kunark was released.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

pras
Old 02-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Aviak

You use the word "jailbreak" like you weren't the ones that unbanned the characters. Most people who had characters banned and still played here apparently had other characters, and were probably just eager to get dropable gear into the hands of their new mains. It doesn't necessarily prove wrong-doing. For instance, if you had a 55 ench banned with an AoN on it and your new main was a 60 enchanter, wouldn't you want that item on the level 60? And wouldn't you be excited to do it?

Also, you banned the accounts, not the items. Most people, even if they felt they were not supposed to be un-banned, had that distinction in mind.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zihm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You use the word "jailbreak" like you weren't the ones that unbanned the characters. Most people who had characters banned and still played here apparently had other characters, and were probably just eager to get dropable gear into the hands of their new mains. It doesn't necessarily prove wrong-doing. For instance, if you had a 55 ench banned with an AoN on it and your new main was a 60 enchanter, wouldn't you want that item on the level 60? And wouldn't you be excited to do it?

Also, you banned the accounts, not the items. Most people, even if they felt they were not supposed to be un-banned, had that distinction in mind.
are you normally this retarded or is this just a flare up?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best geared shaman, best of the best winner, been on server since day 1. almost 2 years of work (however long server been live) gone for accepting a manastone.

it was fun server while it lasted
a manastone that was available through a server error mind u. not like you figured out a way to hack a banned account and pull it. they inadvertently enabled the behavior and are now punishing to the highest degree over it, sucks.
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Old 02-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best geared shaman, best of the best winner, been on server since day 1. almost 2 years of work (however long server been live) gone for accepting a manastone.

Guess you ain't the best geared shaman anymore!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

you bought that shaman from doors

lying, rule-breaking SCUM

good riddance
Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not an admission of guilt if you only come clean after you've been sent to jail.

Also, 500+ items were removed in 24 hours, and we don't have unique identifiers on items, meaning we'd have to either:

A) Go through, by hand, logging in each character and deleting all the items or,
B) I'd have to send 30 different SQL delete queries to Rogean for the inventory tables on each character to delete the items.

Neither is worth the effort to get some dirty whistles unbanned, particularly when all that needed to be done was notify the staff prior to jailbreaking your banned toon's items. If the first thing you did upon logging in your banned toon was strip it, you obviously knew something was up.
while I respect the volunteer work provided here, man can it be harsh sometimes.. the best thing to do is just not do questionable shit, but i feel that there isn't enough of the responsibility being taken on the server part for their part in this, i can guarantee you that not every single person who accepted an item knew the intent, and its just shitty.
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Last edited by Thrilla; 02-22-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging from this and other comments, i take it that nihilum are the ones taking the brunt of these bannings?

If the intent of the bannings was to damage nihilum, then (and i don't mean this sarcastically) job well done. Esp if it was all entrapment from the beginning. I mean damn.

But I honestly don't see the GMs on this server being so unprofessional as to ban accounts rather than correct their mistakes. I just don't. Especially with them trying to jump on the Pantheon coat tails. There had to be ulterior motives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while I respect the volunteer work provided here, man can it be harsh sometimes.. the best thing to do is just not do questionable shit, but i feel that there isn't enough of the responsibility being taken on the server part for their part in this, i can guarantee you that not every single person who accepted an item knew the intent, and its just shitty.
Closed Thread