Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:42 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default i dont always start threads, but when i do

this started as a reply to another post, but then it turned into this whole thing, and i decided to just give it its own thread.

Ever since i got back from cali the first week of november i have been giving red a minimum of 10 hours a day, every day (minus the 3 days i was sick and dying). i spent november just quietly watching, only banning or revoking for really bad things. in december i continued to observe but after watching for a month, knew enough about how people abuse and twist things to get other people in trouble for things that they shouldnt be punished for. in January i turned it up a few notches going hard in the paint on ooc, as well as crushing guilds that didnt meet classic eq creation standards or were deemed inactive, in the hopes to beef up the existing 20-25 guilds with all these 5-8 man crews. i also needed to make examples out of a few players to send a message that the entire server would hear, in an attempt to end unwanted behavior without me having to spend an entire week poopsocking a spot i dont want players to be. in February, im hoping to get red to a place where it will essentially run it self with assistance from a couple dedicated red guides.

change is hard i understand, some of you are use to being able to do things that youve done for years. things change. adjust and adapt, or get out of the way.

Holo has more than enough for velious at this point, but the problem is (not taking shots, stating how i see it) at some point they will hit a fork where theres too many members for them all to get loots in a reasonable amount of time. but just in case you do care, continuing to accept anything with a pulse actually is hurting the server now.

Az has more than enough people to compete, the problem is (and im not trying to take shots, just calling it how ive seen it) that quite a few Az members tend to get discouraged quickly. they lose two battles and stop logging in. After Nilly was bounced out, Azrael members were everywhere. they lose a couple fights to holo, and they disappear again. people that only log in during the easy fun times are pieces of shit imo.

Fresh, i dont know enough about you guys yet, youre a big guild, but not an all 60 BiS guild. you give me hope for the future of red, and i have my eyes on you. dont let me down. stay red, you will win some and you will lose some. get up, dust off, get better, and try again. if this server had any actual competition, it would be 10x more fun, and if we could get 3 competitive guilds that could actually compete with each other this server would be amazing.

Suave, just keep on doing your thing. for as good as 3 competitive guilds would be, 4 would be even better. imagine a pvp server where there were 4 separate factions all trying to get the same mob in pure legit 1v1v1v1 combat. Anyone that played on VZ during velious (and wasnt a scrub) will remember the PvP we had for Loddy. Defiant vs XK vs 12p, anywhere in norrath, not knowing who would win any particular encounter was easily the best times.

<3
Sirks

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for all the help on red Sirken!
Old 02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

I like this post
Old 02-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Holo has more than enough for velious at this point, but the problem is (not taking shots, stating how i see it) at some point they will hit a fork where theres too many members for them all to get loots in a reasonable amount of time. but just in case you do care, continuing to accept anything with a pulse actually is hurting the server now.

HEH
Old 02-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so sirken, now that you realized there is a problem, what is going to be done about it?

HEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D View Post
u are the king
Quote:
good lord guido is a monster
Last edited by Guido; 02-04-2015 at 03:00 PM..
Old 02-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

<3
Sirks
Heh
Old 02-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Kobold

You forgot to mention da <Domingueros> [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2015, 02:58 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we only accept level 50+ pulses now
so, no change? got it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Sirken,

In your post you realize that zerging ruins this pvp server.

We came across this during the Nihilum era.

Please address this, for it is a concern of many.

What can be a solution for this being that we supposedly just let the same zerg mentality ruin our pvp server. Thoughts and or comments, greatly appreciated.

Quote:
u are the king
Quote:
good lord guido is a monster
Closed Thread