Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 03:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<holocaust> fields an average of 60 players on normal raids and 30 people on VP raids, hardly insurmountable odds

if azrael's fair weather players actually logged on there would be some good mass pvp, as we all are certainly aware that azrael can field an extremely healthy number of players when there are free pixels to be had
firstly, lol

secondly, thank you for repeating what i said about them in my OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-04-2015, 03:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken,

In your post you realize that zerging ruins this pvp server.

We came across this during the Nihilum era.

Please address this, for it is a concern of many.

What can be a solution for this being that we supposedly just let the same zerg mentality ruin our pvp server. Thoughts and or comments, greatly appreciated.
best advice i can give is to recruit smarter. either recruit people that will find your guild appealing, or, change your guild to make it more appealing to a larger group of players.

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 02-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

There were 40 people in Azraels teamspeak for uncontested pofear CT. They can def contest if they were not scared.

Problem is they don't work together. I pvp with some of the worse pvpers I've ever played with (sry to some holo pals) but atleast they see that i still pvp with them. Most Azrael only pvp with their core members because they are afraid of a YT.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best advice i can give is to recruit smarter. either recruit people that will find your guild appealing, or, change your guild to make it more appealing to a larger group of players.
sirken,

with hopes to have 4 factions as you say

the sever pop as it is cant function with such a zerg

there is no members left, unless we poach some of the other guilds.

the root of the problem here is the zerg mentality. not sure how you do not see this.

it hurt us during nihilum era, and will continue to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D View Post
u are the king
Quote:
good lord guido is a monster
Old 02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Pras sirken pras holocaust hurting server health
Old 02-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Even without looking towards Velious and such, I think Holocaust is doing a service for red with their M.O.

As a mere hypothetical, let's pretend that all of Holocaust's leadership ghosts and the guild falls apart. I think this would leave red in a more interesting situation than we were left with upon Nihilum's demise. Holocaust has made it a part of their identity to take in, train, and gear up new players. And thus far, they have done an incredible job at this. I think it's throwing the server a more interesting change than Nihilum ever did. Nihilum didn't embrace the fresh blood quite like Holocaust does. When you look at what percentage of the loot was banked or went to people like Vaporize, Strydur, etc, it's not difficult to see why the server had trouble keeping new folks around.

But Holocaust? Holo has done a much better job embracing new players. Newerish people receive quality loots in the fairest loot distribution system I have yet seen in an Everquest guild. There's not this elitist attitude like "this guy is too scrubby for that item" - it's merely "does he deserve it?" I want my new crew of pals to stay together forever, but should some of them decide Holo isn't right for them, at least Holocaust likely enabled them to get a running start on the server and get some experience and a few pieces of gear before they left. Some day, in more tumultuous times on red, this could make for a more interesting server dynamic than Nihilum left us.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, there's just not enough content in Kunark to have multiple PVE / big guilds, it just won't happen.

Release Velious, re-evaluate, nothing will change here unless massive rule changes like variance, more sim repops, or something else to make it harder for Holo to take everything - which would create other problems like item flooding, poopsocking and other bullshit.
I agree here, stongly

we need a change, otherwise its the same bs over and over and over

Quote:
u are the king
Quote:
good lord guido is a monster
Old 02-04-2015, 03:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry not going to turn away the 5+ people we invite daily who say they transferred from the blue server specifically to join holocaust; taking in level 46 people in rags who want to raid has always been our MO and under this policy the server population has basically doubled while we've been in power

sirken has also told gongshow and myself on multiple occasions that he encourages blue server players to transfer over and join Holocaust

very weird that he would do that and at the same time saying that mass recruiting is hurting the server
i have sent easily a couple dozen blubies to red, and based on their personality i suggest a guild that would best suit them. it just so happens that a lot of blubies share your mentality. take that as you wish.

i didnt start this thread to fire shots, notice its not in RNF. but, if you'd like to start firing, im free for the next few hours.

and while you're tossing nuggets from our private chats into the public eye, ill drop this one too; i also said that i didnt think Holo's size was a problem, because you guys need the big numbers for velious. and i believe i even went on to say that the bigger problem was the other guilds are too small and need to recruit to have a chance in velious.

but i mean, please feel free to cherry pick the parts of what i say to try and make it look like i have a problem with you or your guild, while at the same name im defending the names Colgate and Holocaust from being changed by people that actually do have a problem with you or your guild.

learn to pick your battles better buddy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly if you want to make fun, bring nizzar back and watch how fast holocaust gets destroyed within a month. Thats the only way i ever see balanced guild pvp hitting this server. Right now Holocaust is inviting anyone with a pulse and doesnt even have an app process like nihilum had. If Nizzar were to come back there would be a world war on red99, we will quickly find out whos loyal and who has been waiting in the shadows. On a second note, the second largest guild on the server also happens to be a.holocaust feeder guild, when holocaust feels threatened on repop day they summon the bat phone warrior maximillien and 30 more fresh players to occupy the allready established 60 man holocaust zerg, it will keep getting worse and worse
Old 02-04-2015, 03:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly if you want to make fun, bring nizzar back and watch how fast holocaust gets destroyed within a month. Thats the only way i ever see balanced guild pvp hitting this server. Right now Holocaust is inviting anyone with a pulse and doesnt even have an app process like nihilum had. If Nizzar were to come back there would be a world war on red99, we will quickly find out whos loyal and who has been waiting in the shadows. On a second note, the second largest guild on the server also happens to be a.holocaust feeder guild, when holocaust feels threatened on repop day they summon the bat phone warrior maximillien and 30 more fresh players to occupy the allready established 60 man holocaust zerg, it will keep getting worse and worse
Nizzar abused, and ruined his opportunity to play here. if he returns, ill ban him, and ill punish any guild that knowingly harbors him within their ranks.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread