Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Large Bat

Default Innothule swamp alligators not dropping skins

My first time submitting a bug.

I killed approximately 25 bull or fat alligators over the past 2 days in Innothule Swamp and did not see any alligator skin drops. Previously the skin drops were quite common, not sure if this was an intended change but thought i would submit it.

I also tried a few regular alligators after not getting drops on the bulls or fat, and did not see any skins.

Thank you
Old 02-15-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...34&postcount=5
Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Large Bat

Thanks for the reply. The thread you linked is from 2017, did that just get implemented in this last patch? The drop rate seems changed here on P1999 with the latest patch versus what I had experienced on P1999 previously.

I saw the notes below on alligator changes. Didn't see anything about drop rate change.

Telin: Alligator skin will now only be found in Innothule Swamp.
Telin: Added missing loot to alligators in all zones.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Developer

This patch included 1.5 years of pending changes so the alligator skin change was just implemented. The drop rate was changed to classic, meaning the alligator skin is a rare drop. If you research about this item from classic sources you will see players expressing their frustrations with this drop and how long it took them to get it.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Large Bat

Again, thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I did try some digging and struck out.

Thread wasn't intended as a complaint, just thought it might have been an unintentional change.

Thanks for all your effort, I play with my real life brother and we have a great time together, I (we) appreciate the effort everyone puts into this.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

killed em for two hours last night and got two skins, what I did notise that was odd is with tracking I couldn't find a single bull or fat alligators up anywhere in zone, not one!
My tracking was filled with snakes so i true EQ fashion I started killing every snake I could find in zone and they started spawning, (and I did go around the zone serveral times with track and killed every snake until I only had new spawns on track) so they are "bear skins" rare now, thats 3 out of 4 needed for the quest that are now very rare.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 03-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
killed em for two hours last night and got two skins, what I did notise that was odd is with tracking I couldn't find a single bull or fat alligators up anywhere in zone, not one!
My tracking was filled with snakes so i true EQ fashion I started killing every snake I could find in zone and they started spawning, (and I did go around the zone serveral times with track and killed every snake until I only had new spawns on track) so they are "bear skins" rare now, thats 3 out of 4 needed for the quest that are now very rare.
I'm hunting them now and I'd say they're more rare than bear skins, by a good bit. The placeholders thing is a new step that none of the other quest components have. This went from being one of the easier parts of the quest to the hardest.

I'm not really complaining, just noting. I won't be selling caps for less than 500p at this rate.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Large Bat

500 I think would be too low now

700-800?
Old 03-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Maybe. I know I'll be holding mine for a while. Once sellers go through their stores and realize how much harder it is now, I think price will shoot up.
Closed Thread