Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Banned

Ill be posting here while playing that garbage game you little bitch dont you fucking think otherwise
Old 03-03-2019, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't wait for release so the lot of you trolls can take off for a month, then come back with comments like:
"It's a shit box."
"I got banned by neckbeards."
"They don't know what PvP is."
"To many hacks."

Blah, blah, blah. Nothing but joy.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2019, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

If Pantheon ever comes out I would be willing to bet it goes free to play after the first year and is filled with microtransactions to further support development and maintenance as explained by Brad McQuaid himself.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

How many monthly subs would it need to keep itself running? I think it'll do well... but they won't be able to be like Blizzard with endless staff, customer support, etc.

In fact I'd be willing to bet Brad can find volunteers to do the GM work for him.

If it fails, I hope they either release the source code or it gets leaked so some devs here/elsewhere can have a crack at making it good later on.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:58 AM
Sarnak

I hope the game is successful but I have serious doubts at this point in time.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See you there you fucks
Old 03-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Sarnak

Classic EQ was a lucky shot, nothing else. Everything after classic made the game worse.

It is insane to think that someone that got a lucky shot 20 years ago and has only made crap since will somehow reinvent EQ.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Everyone that played classic on live knows "the vision" was absolute garbage.

Fear kiting and feign death pulling were unintended mechanics. Devs had no clue it was possible, they simply hadn't accounted for it.

They made something they didn't understand and somehow it was great. They tried to expand on it and ruined it.

Also, ludes.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think The Vision (tm) was garbage. It was a set of general guidelines, a kind of philosophy that Smedley (and McQuaid to an extent I suppose) had established for the game.

It is also what made EQ great and different from everything else, and it is also why we're here playing it 20 years later - interdependence of classes, travel should be long or tedious or dangerous, death should have a harsh penalty associated with it, etc etc etc.

If Pantheon is made with a similar vision, it might very well be the game we've been all hoping for.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

If I was to really bet on it I would say that the game as I’ve seen it so far will enjoy a small amount of popularity for a few months to a year before the population drops quite a bit. I just don’t think that MMOs are that popular anymore.

Pantheon would have to do something very different to grab and keep players interested. I want them to be successful, but I don’t see it being a likely outcome.