Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Aviak

Default Iksar necro guide

Hi there guys,
Many years ago I played a DE nerco but only really started to play p99 when kunark came out. I really wanted to play an iksar necro but have no idea about where to go to solo. I'd prefer the old world, some nice big open zones to fear kite but Im also interested in the kunark areas.
What I have been doing is read up on iksar solo guides but they all seem to be either for later release games (POP, Luclin etc) or just crap.
Anyhow, does anyone know of any good necro solo guides or should I just wander around for a while?
Feel free to rant/flame/hate/point out how useless I am... as long as I get some good info along the way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

My take would be to stay up to level 16/20 around Cabilis for two reasons: you will level faster and secondly, you won't have, to my knowledge, any spell seller or trainer available to you as an Iksar in the old world (not unless you do a lot of faction work which will bring you past these levels).

A good leveling order for me would be:
1-7: Field of Bone
8-16: Kurn's Tower (doable at level 8 naked as long as you have a big hairy pair under your newbie robe)

Alternatively, if you're a die hard old world fan (but you will face the constraints mentionned above):
1-12 East Commonlands. Plenty to kill and always some good hearted players to buff you and your pet
13-16: Oasis

17-20: Oasis / Unrest. According to what I read, Unrest can take you up to your high 30's although I can't confirm this first hand as I've never leveled there. Lake of Ill Omen would still be a better place but it's Kunark.

20-30 South Karana will give you plenty of space to kite or fear kite. Not sure if the centaur merchants will deal with you but I suspect if you don't kill any aviak, the merchant on top of the aviak city will trade with you

20-25 Rathe Mountain killing giant skeletons

15-25(?) You can try Upper Guk but that won't be solo. Again, I never went there to level, I just know it as a popular place.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person for the zones to level in past this point. My druid is 30, my necro 17 and my years of playing EQ far too long gone for me to remember what I did past this point at the time so I'd rather leave the following stages to someone else.

Nagash/Petitpas
Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Iksar necro can use the guild under east freeport (if you hunt any militia you will drop your coalition of tradefolk underground faction and be KOS with the rogue guildmasters down there however). You will con apprehensive and can buy your necro spells there (as well as train at the guild masters).

Also the centaur merchants con indifferent, allowing you to buy/sell to them (South karana).

Edit: Other places to buy/sell - obviously Shady Swashbuckler at EC tunnel deals with everyone. Gypsies in other zones (Ro's / Oasis) will also let you use their services.
Last edited by tristantio; 04-20-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Well, the information provided by Tristianto should reassure you on the possibility to start straight from level 1 on West Freeport. It is good to know that some traders will deal with you here and there but remember that they will be few far in between so try to stick to a zone where one is so you won't spend half of your time travelling to sell those tarnished weapons you've gathered which means West Freeport --> EC --> Oasis --> SK

The combination of Tristantio and my answers will set you up for quite a while. Once you will be level 30, you will have build a better knowledge of a world in general and will probably know by then where to go to next.

If you are hardcore about doing it all in the old world from level 1 and are on GMT time, feel free to send me a tell so I can give you a lift and bind you there.

Enjoy your time spreading death and decay in Norrath.

Nagash/Petitpas
Last edited by Nagash; 04-20-2011 at 10:52 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Aviak

This is how I leveled my iksar necro:

1-12 Field of Bone
Pet tank and self tank.

12-20 Oasis
Crocs, agro kite. Sell to Gypsies.

20-30 South Karana
Aviaks and then Centaurs, agro kite. No faction hits, both Aviak and Centuar merchants will deal with you.

30-42 The Overthere
Trash, agro kite until 34 then fear kite. Iksar merchant near WW zone line.

42-45+ Dreadlands
Trash, fear kite.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Skeleton

Some options in Kunark:

1-10 Field of Bone
10-20 Kurns/Field of Bone (Kurns grouped is fast and gets evoc up, solo in the later teens)
20-30 Warslik Woods/Lake of Ill Omen (Def WW at the giant fort if solo class -money and words)
30-40 FM/Overthere (FM again at the giant fort is easy kiting. At 34 you can use the OT outpost to sell and bank)
40-45ish Dreadlands outside of Karnor

All good outdoor spots to solo/afk when needed

45+ Various dungeons, guards etc grouped and solo.

10-30 at Unrest (I'd bind at Shady in EC to buy/sell, just grab a port to get back to camp or cr - would probably group here as well)

Mistmoore/Sola or b I'd do the same - binding at shady in EC

Then there is always Highpass/Highpass keep, as I believe you can sell with one of the merchants on the first floor.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Aviak

Thanks! Thats awesome information. I find kunark over crowded at the moment, I'll go and try EC and WC. I got to 12 (made a trip to BB, killed orcs in there and now non kos in Kaladim (except for that stupid elf - whom I can invis by)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by etplante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how I leveled my iksar necro:

1-12 Field of Bone
Pet tank and self tank.

12-20 Oasis
Crocs, agro kite. Sell to Gypsies.

20-30 South Karana
Aviaks and then Centaurs, agro kite. No faction hits, both Aviak and Centuar merchants will deal with you.

30-42 The Overthere
Trash, agro kite until 34 then fear kite. Iksar merchant near WW zone line.

42-45+ Dreadlands
Trash, fear kite.
Cool, great info. Do you know what your /played time was when you hit 50 or so?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Kobold

This is great info. Lucky I came across it as I was going to ask the same question

Mythrelle- 54 Erudite Wizard (Blue)
Smakem - 52 Iskar Monk (Blue)
Fedwyn - 40 Halfling Druid (Green)
Vorin - 23 Iksar Necromancer (Green)
Nynaeve - 22 High Elf Cleric (Green)
Old 05-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Aviak

The merchant at the bbm Druid ring will sell to you

Project 1999: Blue
Muergan Valiantheart <Altered Vision>
52 Paladin
Battlemage Omnipotent <Altered Vision>