Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also.. I've contemplated buying Skyrim because of my unwillingness to LFG for an hour or so with no luck and soloing .003% a blue every 15 min and then rage logging because I wasted the minimal play time I had..

Is Skyrim worth it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOXDb...layer_embedded
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned

GFAY is where it's at bros.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Personally faster xp (not a different curve like Searyx is proposing) is the only thing that will get me back to playing (beside dropping the xp loss mechanic, which ive given up on).

This is only because i like to pvp for hours on end (AKA bindrushing) and that my guildmates arent always available, hence its often me vs 3+ guys.

Ive done the grind already on blue and its tedious. Im not willing to be penalized because i like pvping on a pvp server. If there was no xp loss on pvp death i would not care about the current xp rate. But add xp deaths on top of that, and i do care. Upping the xp rate would solve this.

This might sound like a QQ but right now the time invested > fun im getting out of the server.

Boosting the xp rate while leaving the pvp xp loss penalty like it is might make me take more than a casual glance once in a while at the server.
Last edited by oldfish; 12-19-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GFAY is where it's at bros.
Gfay had 6 people in it on Saturday. One was a hacker that's been reported god knows how many times.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

up the exp rate and more will play
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

I don't always play EQ, but when I do i prefer to get some kind of exp..

up the exp rate
Old 12-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Searyx is actually right, the grind for levels 2-10 is beyond awful. I'm talking less than 1% a kill, at level 3, for a dark blue mob.

And this is at the time whenever you have no armor, weapons, fun things to kill, a guild, friends usually, or money.

Transferring some of that terrible grind during the most boring levels to later levels is not a bad idea.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Searyx is actually right, the grind for levels 2-10 is beyond awful. I'm talking less than 1% a kill, at level 3, for a dark blue mob.

And this is at the time whenever you have no armor, weapons, fun things to kill, a guild, friends usually, or money.

Transferring some of that terrible grind during the most boring levels to later levels is not a bad idea.
Noob alert. The reason it takes so long is because at level 3 you're killing level 1 mobs, which are a third of your level. This is normal; compare this to level 35 (your level now) where you could never gain experience from something 1/3 of your level. If people can't figure this out then what hope is there for them at higher levels?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noob alert. The reason it takes so long is because at level 3 you're killing level 1 mobs, which are a third of your level. This is normal; compare this to level 35 (your level now) where you could never gain experience from something 1/3 of your level. If people can't figure this out then what hope is there for them at higher levels?
Yes, im sure your math will make people who find the grind boring go:

"Oh shit, i didnt get how the math on xp worked, suddenly, this isnt boring anymore!"
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also.. I've contemplated buying Skyrim because of my unwillingness to LFG for an hour or so with no luck and soloing .003% a blue every 15 min and then rage logging because I wasted the minimal play time I had..

Is Skyrim worth it?
I don't even have EQ installed on this new computer which I recently built. I pretty much play Skyrim and Battlefield 3. It's better than I expected, so much so I have zero desire to play EQ.

Yes it's worth it...on PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

damn how do you embed youtube videos on this forum?
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 12-19-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Closed Thread