Sarnak

I've always been a strong advocate of teams
Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Fire Giant

Too late for teams, underpopulated for teams, get it out of your mind ;p
Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, im gonna try to be utterly constructive cuz i do care about the server and hope it gets better so i can play on it. Im gonna see this as if i was running the server, what would i do to bring the server back on track:

---

1 - Agree with suggestion to make 1-20 faster, and boost xp there, so settling on the server, especially for people new to EQ, doesnt feel like a hammer blow to the face. Keep the rest of the game like it is, the grind is fine if you can mix it with pvp on a regular basis. This would also let people mess around with alts when they feel bored. Maybe gradually make xp close to classic as you reach 16-17-18-19 so it doesnt feel like BAM XP WALL when you ding 20.

---

2 - Remove XP loss entirely for pvp deaths. This will foster pvp and make the server more action oriented and fun, and will let people take breaks from the big PVE grind without getting discouraged. People will still be able to decide who gets to poopsock when, it will just be an endurance test now. This will remove the overwhelming power zergs have over camps. They will still be powerful, but not as much. I think one of the reason people were able to race to 50 that fast and beg for new content a month later is because pvp didnt happen often because of xp loss. People say XP loss is a non-issue, i disagree. Bindrushing is a non-issue. Ask that guy who thought he was gonna be funny and "bindrush" over and over and a tracker found him in 5mins and now theyre making him camp by bindkilling him over and over. Bindrushing is a non-issue, invented by people who want to import poopsocking mechanics over to red. This will also make gear progression slower. It will be much harder to camp raid content without xp loss, and will make getting items all the more rewarding and cool.

After reading Humerox's reply, im gonna add: Revert the xp loss into what it was on Rallos: Respawn with low (no?) mana and health. That way you can get a drink, piss, etc and come back to game to play again. This is much better than putting people in xp debt. Ironically, you also have to be more careful about where you bind because you spawn with low status bars and you cant start moving as soon as you spawn. Maybe respawn with a bit more health and mana on a pvp death than it was on Rallos, as i remember an ~8min wait for my bars to fill on a level 12 wizard.

The only place where i could maybe agree on xp loss is raiding zones. But even then im not sure because it would make zerg guilds get content close to 100% of the times, so its debatable.

As someone best said it: "Wait, people are pushing for "Nah sorry i cant contest Trakanon i dont wanna delevel to 59" ?"

---

3 - Make some Hot zones. Added XP and money (Something like 20%). Have maybe 3 zone sets like this, one for 1-20, one for 21-40 and one for 40-50. This will bottleneck PVP. Maybe even some custom mobs event.

This would still be kept sorta classic as per the 2001 Halloween event, which to me was my best MMO experience, ever. If you have access to the no drop gear those halloween mobs dropped and to the models/graphics etc, this would be an awesome way to make some hot zone events. Like the undead dragon in rathe, spectres in EK and shit like that. I would even be down to add custom events if devs cant access the halloween shit. Fighting twinks when i started out on Rallos was so hard i almost quit. The main reason i stayed on server is i succeeded in getting 8-9 no drop gear pieces on halloween that made me be able to handle twinks more. As the server gets older, these events where noobs can get nodrop gear will give a goal to new blood entering the server and help them feel they wont have to remain twink fodder forever.

I would have the hotzones on a daily basis, and the events maybe once a week, 2 weeks or each month.

---

4 - Patch in voluntary item loss to test the waters. Let players turn in an item at an NPC, which will make them "Dark red". Dark red players can be looted by other Dark Red players, and can loot other Dark Red players.

In order for the mechanic to kick in, dark red players have to do 70%+ damage on a player to prevent 5v1 with only 1 dark red player gank squads (to be tweaked with feedback). The looter gets all the coin +1 item the wearer didnt bag before dying. Im not suggesting "dark red" players be actually identifiable (such as with level con). It would be up to players to discover whos lootable and whos not, again, fostering PVP.

This could be reversible, but on a long timer (Like you get a message saying "In a week you will be back to regular red" or something)

---

5- View opinions from people whose main fun you can tell is griefing people off the server or poopsocking with a heavy dose of grains of salt.
So... how 'bout it? If xp loss was removed id make an alt right today :/
Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

stop bumping this no one cares
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Yah we do.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whichever mode for teams - the SZ-style with the thematic "Evil sv Good" or the "Balanced for PvP" style, either should serve to revive the server, as long as we can implement this system for players to become more invested in the world.

that woulda been beyond boss lol. they even coulda had zone control like sz. you could actually see on a map which side controlled which terriority.
god those days wer so fucking good.

it woulda been Amazing if they had put it in at LAUNCH!!!
every1s alrdy came n went lol. theres like 20% left on server... =\

i doubt many would agree with Another change tho. seems like they put zero thought into this server lol.
i dont wna b disrespectful to the people who are tryin to bring back eq1 but ffs man. i thought ther was a small dev team and a handful of gms?

wat ru guys doing everryday? did they all go back to blue too?!

that first week wen red99 launched was beyond amazing. i Thought eq1 pvp was actually guna become alive again. 64 people killin in nektulos lol <3
Floppppp.

annd then there wer none.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Sig
Closed Thread