Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default High levels camping all the good spots and bullying lowbies who actually get xp??

Does this get worse as you go up in levels???

I'm only lvl 9, orc camps are often camped by a single person just killing orcs and farming belts...

Today I found an empty Orc Camp 1... so I set about starting a group to get some good xp and belts... I ask in /ooc if anyone wants to start a group for orc camp 1
A high level guy responds and says "no"

So I continue searching, I find a bard who wants to join, and set about recruiting for more people for orc camp 1...

A couple minutes later, this high level toon who said "no" to me joining orc camp 1, runs up and proceeds to start slaughtering all the orcs and takes the camp.

The bard shows up, and I inform him that a high level took the camp, we split up the group and I log off.

So what I want to know, Does this type of player behavior get worse at the good hunting grounds the higher up you go in levels? Is this what I have to look forward to??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Banned

take the flight path to a different zone for XP when u run into meanies
Old 06-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Its funny I think just a week ago or so I posted about my alt wizzy which sadly I've not gotten chance to play. Same issue happened. Trolls will say stop crying or some other racist stuff bc thats all they can do.

But for your topic. Belts are constantly farmed by higher lvls, just like camps that earn money, or clickys. Example Idol in HHP, Elf sklly in Befallen, orcs in wc/SRO, pretty much anything that falls into helping twinks, money, raiding. Its just the name of the beast. Best thing to do is just move on, thankfully most zones are pretty big, sadly some are just packed. It does get better 18-40 range. Clearly 40+ zones are very limited to XP in and those are generally high reward areas, so 50s will camp them all the time. Most 1-17 zones are just packed. Besides of places like Toxx(bc its garbage), but Misty thicket is a great place they usually not many around fyi!

Helpful tip, moment you log on /lfg on, /ooc Class lvl LFG, and start moving zone to zone in your level range. Also ./who all <zone> find someone around your level and ask, hey can you do CC. Not all will reply, but some will respond. Then just DM peeps and add your name to list.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Yes. All you will see is level 50s AFK PLing their own chars.

Odyssey 50 cleric does this in wfp at the arena, for example.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Aviak

I'm leveling up an alt straight grouping right now and have had no real issues into the 20s - either finding groups or with high levels taking all the camps.

Occasionally will have someone level 50 camping a specific named but usually if they are well adjusted humans (who still remember the grind...) they will give buffs or help out in exchange for sharing.

Different story about a lot of item camps but if you're just levelling then just stick with it and ignore/avoid peoplelike rhat
Old 06-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

On live EQ, nobody could 'own' a camp. You had to share. Guides/GMs enforced sharing.

Seems like it would resolve a lot of toxic behaviour on P99.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

P99 doesn't pay their GMs, like on live. So GMs could actually react to petitions like camp sharing. I am not saying p99 GMs don't, but just doubt they have the time.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Name and shame these high level players killing low level orcs.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Banned

Dear reddit, I took your advice on playing in EC so I could beg free leveling buffs from the tunnel and get orc belts but it turns out that other people read this too.

Hey nostalgia tourist zoomer, the South Ro orcs drop belts too but there's no free buffs and you'll have to travel. Anyways, good luck with your next retro interest *LOUD LAVASTORM BOOM FUNNY*.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*LOUD LAVASTORM BOOM FUNNY*.
I know it's coming. I know when it's coming. And yet, I still jump every.damn.time. Perhaps I should turn down my headphone volume...

As to the OP, it really depends on a lot of factors. How high level is "high level"? I seriously doubt anyone over 30 is going to bother farming the belts themselves when they could farm the plat to buy them in a fraction of the time. If they are just above XP gain, then I can't really blame them, as belts are a good source of income in your teens. Just to reiterate in a less pithy way than the poster above... there are other zones to go to with just as much XP and far less populated, but you have to be bothered to go look.

I tend to play at night Pacific Time and after about an hour, the zones start clearing as people go to bed. I once had someone who was simply tagging the orcs in WC for faction, and let me clean them all up taking the XP and the loot, so I'd say YMMV in terms of interactions with high level players in lower level camps.
Closed Thread