Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, its the typical shitty nerf everything and then when people say its wrong tell them to dig up evidence. How about the shitty devs dig up evidence before breaking the game. roflcopter

And im sorry, but the FD fix doesn't make up for the nerf, maybe if you are a shitty monk player it does, but not for people who master the class
By master the class I assume you mean relying on our currently broken implementation of sneak?

Also, while Haynar and I have had our differences THE GUY FUCKING CARES. For years Nilbog has had a fanatical obsession with reproducing classic EQ's quests, mobs, pathing, etc while the mechanics of the game have been quite off. Now Haynar is tackling this problem of trying to get us some legit classic mechanics. He may make a few wrong steps, but he's going off the little evidence we have. Rather than bitching, go find some posts and try to help him out. It shouldn't be hard to google monkly business and see what monks were soloing back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor34
If a class doesn't have something they excel at, I feel like that's a problem. Rangers track and have bows, SK can tank and are master agro machines, etc. Every other class has its niche, and monks are overshadowed by both tanks and dps. I even see charmed enchanter pets doing damage on par with me in the group, making my presence redundant.
Did you just seriously claim Rangers have a role and monks don't? Monks are the best raid pullers in the game (it's not close), 2nd best group pullers (behind bards and ahead of enchanters), 3rd best raid dps (behind Rogues and Wizards), 3rd best group DPS (behind Rogues and Enchanters). On top of that you have fantastic utility: FD+sneak allows you to go anywhere in dungeons and live when the rest of the group dies. Compare to the poor Warrior who is a babe in the woods without help.

Furthermore, and I don't know how many times I have to say this for it to sink in, I'm pretty sure monks weren't nerfed. He just made NPCs stronger. If NPCs are stronger, which classes become more valuable? the crowd control classes! Meaning Enchanter, Shaman, Bard, and Monk are . .. EVEN BETTER than they were before relative to other classes. Tanks get a bit better, and DPS classes like Rogues get worse because you are a bit more concerned with staying alive.

TLDR: I cannot believe people are complaining that monks are underpowered, just please stop.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, its the typical shitty nerf everything and then when people say its wrong tell them to dig up evidence. How about the shitty devs dig up evidence before breaking the game. roflcopter

And im sorry, but the FD fix doesn't make up for the nerf, maybe if you are a shitty monk player it does, but not for people who master the class
You must have a lot of friends.

H
Old 12-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

monks who rely entire on splitting suck as pullers. learn to sneak pull scrubs.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like devs are trying to re-create the monk protest in West Freeport.

That was classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like devs are trying to re-create the monk protest in West Freeport.

That was classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds more like the devs are leaning towards not adjusting monk dps. At all

H
Old 12-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds more like the devs are leaning towards not adjusting monk dps. At all

H
That's ok I'm on that chanter time now. Just a shame to give up my main before 60.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Developer

I am not working on monk dps anymore. Too much whining.

Will think about it again after the next patch.

H
Old 12-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

don't be a quitter get them all to 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsloans84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't be a quitter get them all to 60
I didn't delete the monk so I may pick him back up after I level the chanter and make some money. Then I'll be able to afford higher end gear for the monk, making him viable again. Maybe a strong 2hb or 2 good 1hbs, a better haste item and a fungi.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Banned

how pathetic can you get. roflcopter
Closed Thread