Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this is the standard, but..

Link
Oh so a measly 300k?

lol
Old 07-19-2018, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a little surprised the Necro pet outdamaged the monk, but a) tanking cuts your dps by maybe 10% due to ripostes and bash b) most leveling monks will not cap strength, which is another 10-20% depending on his gear c) the tstaff proc is 3-4 DPS depending on dexterity d) 7% off capped haste (and no +20 ATK from VoG) e) tstaff is going to get +10 dps after the 2H buff. So maybe it isn't that surprising. Of course the skeleton probably missed some backstabs but I think it's hard to keep pets behind the mob 100% even with an attentive tank.

I guess we both play Necro in a similar and reasonably close to optimal way. The difference is that I have a 60 enchanter and I'm constantly reminded of how much better he would be. Offensively, you were bringing maybe 60 dps which is not bad at all. But a (good) enchanter would be bringing 100+ with a charmed bok, better haste on the Monk, and C2/Gift on the magician. Defensively, you were healing maybe 40 hp/tick which is also not bad. But C2/Gift on the Shaman would generate nearly that much. And the Enchanter has 4 slot dispel, slow, and real mez to take the pressure off as well. So when I'm playing support dps on my Necro I miss my enchanter and when I'm pulling, even though they are surprisingly good there, I still really miss the survivability of the Monk.

I have periodically gotten strength buffs and Primal Avatar on my charmed pets before but I've never been religious about it. It's a good find. Yet another reason Shaman are the Necro's best friend.

P.S. I don't think it's that hard to farm 300K, although it isn't exactly easy. That's 6 fungi tunics, for example, or about 100 hours at the spore king while 75% AFK doing house work. It all depends what your idea of fun is.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little surprised the Necro pet outdamaged the monk, but a) tanking cuts your dps by maybe 10% due to ripostes and bash b) most leveling monks will not cap strength, which is another 10-20% depending on his gear c) the tstaff proc is 3-4 DPS depending on dexterity d) 7% off capped haste (and no +20 ATK from VoG) e) tstaff is going to get +10 dps after the 2H buff. So maybe it isn't that surprising. Of course the skeleton probably missed some backstabs but I think it's hard to keep pets behind the mob 100% even with an attentive tank.

I guess we both play Necro in a similar and reasonably close to optimal way. The difference is that I have a 60 enchanter and I'm constantly reminded of how much better he would be. Offensively, you were bringing maybe 60 dps which is not bad at all. But a (good) enchanter would be bringing 100+ with a charmed bok, better haste on the Monk, and C2/Gift on the magician. Defensively, you were healing maybe 40 hp/tick which is also not bad. But C2/Gift on the Shaman would generate nearly that much. And the Enchanter has 4 slot dispel, slow, and real mez to take the pressure off as well. So when I'm playing support dps on my Necro I miss my enchanter and when I'm pulling, even though they are surprisingly good there, I still really miss the survivability of the Monk.

I have periodically gotten strength buffs and Primal Avatar on my charmed pets before but I've never been religious about it. It's a good find. Yet another reason Shaman are the Necro's best friend.

P.S. I don't think it's that hard to farm 300K, although it isn't exactly easy. That's 6 fungi tunics, for example, or about 100 hours at the spore king while 75% AFK doing house work. It all depends what your idea of fun is.
My wife already makes me do all the washing up and taking out the rubbish bin. The thought of doing it to kill time waiting for respawns both terrifies me and really boils my asshole. I protest nearly every time I'm asked so the thought of doing it on my own like an automaton deeply disturbs me
Old 07-20-2018, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets, being npcs get full 1:1 benefit from both attack (direct attack and str) boosting buffs. Str + focus stack on a pet will make that pet hit for max damage the vast majority of time (only exception being velious raid mobs with high ac). It's a little trick i learned on live that works in classic too. It won't make them hit higher than their max hit but it will make them hit consistently more often and severely deflected toward their upper max hit threshold. This holds true for charm pets as well. I always ask shamans to buff pets and charm pets in group (mine or otherwise).

Interestingly, unlike player characters, they also benefit 1:1 on ac (*to include agility and how it raises your visible ac). Players have soft caps etc. Tossing an ac and agility buff on a pet makes it a stupidly strong tank vs not having.

Pets are fun. NPCs that follow NPC rules controlled by PCs.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't want to start an argument, but I don't think your numbers are wholly realistic on that one. I would love to see a breakdown of your math though. 27 minute respawn, what is the % chance it is King instead of PH, what is the % chance it drops a fungi, and how many people in your group all rolling (guessing 3). Of course, all that is assuming King is open and you have your group the moment you log in and start playing...which in itself is unrealistic. Add clear-ins, hiccups, recoveries, and all the rest of that normal EQ stuff....you get what I'm saying.

I'm going to throw out a guestimate that the average of "decent" (not elite / pro) cash camps to be about 2k / hour. Sure, people do better....but a lot of other people out there will do worse (for a long time I was perfectly happy making 1k / hr at NG only killing 3 bugs, breaking / calming the Krup roamer pet, and going AFK for 18 minutes in the safe spot corner).

I'm on the lower end of skill / knowledge when it comes to P99 player. The server is my first and only EQ experience. I cannot imagine amassing 300k in 100 hours doing Fungi King. I'm a mediocre enchanter at best but I'd love some more options for solo plat farming myself.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets, being npcs get full 1:1 benefit from both attack (direct attack and str) boosting buffs. Str + focus stack on a pet will make that pet hit for max damage the vast majority of time (only exception being velious raid mobs with high ac). It's a little trick i learned on live that works in classic too. It won't make them hit higher than their max hit but it will make them hit consistently more often and severely deflected toward their upper max hit threshold. This holds true for charm pets as well. I always ask shamans to buff pets and charm pets in group (mine or otherwise).

Interestingly, unlike player characters, they also benefit 1:1 on ac (*to include agility and how it raises your visible ac). Players have soft caps etc. Tossing an ac and agility buff on a pet makes it a stupidly strong tank vs not having.

Pets are fun. NPCs that follow NPC rules controlled by PCs.
Troxx, I learned a lot from all your posts. You seem to know the mechanics of the game better than most.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to start an argument, but I don't think your numbers are wholly realistic on that one. I would love to see a breakdown of your math though. 27 minute respawn, what is the % chance it is King instead of PH, what is the % chance it drops a fungi, and how many people in your group all rolling (guessing 3). Of course, all that is assuming King is open and you have your group the moment you log in and start playing...which in itself is unrealistic. Add clear-ins, hiccups, recoveries, and all the rest of that normal EQ stuff....you get what I'm saying.

I'm going to throw out a guestimate that the average of "decent" (not elite / pro) cash camps to be about 2k / hour. Sure, people do better....but a lot of other people out there will do worse (for a long time I was perfectly happy making 1k / hr at NG only killing 3 bugs, breaking / calming the Krup roamer pet, and going AFK for 18 minutes in the safe spot corner).

I'm on the lower end of skill / knowledge when it comes to P99 player. The server is my first and only EQ experience. I cannot imagine amassing 300k in 100 hours doing Fungi King. I'm a mediocre enchanter at best but I'd love some more options for solo plat farming myself.
If you still have your velks faction, do brood mother my man, not hard to get like 15k in a night
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-20-2018, 08:02 PM
Orc

What's a good spot for a 12th level (human) Necro out in Qeynos?

Tried Misty a little bit. The issue with her is she's sometimes red con to me and 1 resist can spell trouble. It takes my entire mana bar to kill her even so. Also killing her hurts Qeynos guard faction which isn't a huge deal since I genocided gnolls for a while and they're amiable but I guess could be something to worry about if I did it too much.

I know some people do Bandits but mainly for the sashes no? My issue with trying them would be they lower Blood Saber faction. I'm guessing that could cause problems in a hurry for me, though I don't know how many turn-ins of that quest would be enough to trash my faction.

I'd prefer to stay out in this side of the world since I've never leveled her but trying to figure out good spots to try.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's a good spot for a 12th level (human) Necro out in Qeynos?

Tried Misty a little bit. The issue with her is she's sometimes red con to me and 1 resist can spell trouble. It takes my entire mana bar to kill her even so. Also killing her hurts Qeynos guard faction which isn't a huge deal since I genocided gnolls for a while and they're amiable but I guess could be something to worry about if I did it too much.

I know some people do Bandits but mainly for the sashes no? My issue with trying them would be they lower Blood Saber faction. I'm guessing that could cause problems in a hurry for me, though I don't know how many turn-ins of that quest would be enough to trash my faction.

I'd prefer to stay out in this side of the world since I've never leveled her but trying to figure out good spots to try.
Could try killing wisps out in north karana and turn in the lightstones at the gypsy camp there.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycon43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could try killing wisps out in north karana and turn in the lightstones at the gypsy camp there.
Might give that a shot. Can always go back to Misty if it doesn't work out.

I haven't wiped on her yet even with the occasional resist and I'm just about 13 so should remain an easy solo spot. A little boring perhaps, but it is steady xp/loot.
Closed Thread