Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

I've heard WW white dragons drop white scales
Old 07-23-2020, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freedom is also securing white scales with quite a few less members or built up DKP than the above guilds. you should check us out you could have that epic in a few months if you put in the work!
And he's right.

Come join the fun. We got some white scales just last week and are always looking for more bards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://freedom.guild99.org/app.php/applicationform
Old 07-23-2020, 08:38 PM
Kobold

The solution is simple: Nortlov the Scalekeeper, 33%chance for White, Red and Green scales. would actually solve all the issues.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:04 AM
Kobold

Well since DB doesn't kill ToV dragons, putting the scales on them would require us to learn how to kill them since at least Goz is a mob we can kill, it would be a step in the right direction. Heck, give Karkona a chance at dropping it and I'll be killing that jerk every day. I just don't want to be that person who joins a guild just for a drop and then leave that guild to rejoin my friends. I know that when DB helps gear a person and then they leave, we feel jilted and I expect if I did that sort of thing which ever guild got me my white dragon scale would feel the same way.
Shamzoukas Shaman
Healzoukas Ranger
Old 07-24-2020, 02:13 AM
Banned

The solution to your problem is pretty simple it just requires enough DB players to create naggy/vox alts and prioritize killing vox for a chance at white scales. Kittens have killed gore maybe twice in the last year? Basically all of our white scales have come from vox and I think we've gotten damn near double digit of them in the last year. Including a couple double scale drops.

It's not hard it just requires intention, planning, and effort. Unfortunately for bards everywhere it's not as easy as the monk or rogue epics.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

I know a bard who levelled a bunch of lvl 52s for his guildmates to play then he tracked vox all 16 hours for many moons until he finally got his showdown with vox. Got his scales that day.

A lot of the harder epics require that level of dedication to achieve and thats just how it is on p99
Old 07-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screw it, if we aren’t going to be classic, throw them on the ww dragons. They’re closer in difficulty to vox. Maybe give them to Roland too in wl. Poor wyrm must think there is something wrong with him.
I mean, the idea is to increase availability without necessarily making it trivial to obtain. Acting like blue is still some purely classic experience in year...6?...of velious, with rooted dragons and clickie nerfs, seems weird to me. Blue is already selectively classic. We're not talking cats on the moon here.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does hot drop white scales?
Nice
Old 07-24-2020, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's set up a serverwide rotation for vox/gore so DB and other casual raid guilds can have a chance at white scales too and none of us have to sock windows on these otherwise very lame mobs.

There I fixed it, you're welcome.
Agree 100% but riot loves socking windows. Thats their thing, staring at a screen for 16-24 hours a day most days of the week.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, the idea is to increase availability without necessarily making it trivial to obtain. Acting like blue is still some purely classic experience in year...6?...of velious, with rooted dragons and clickie nerfs, seems weird to me. Blue is already selectively classic. We're not talking cats on the moon here.
It drops from a mob you can kill with a dozen 52s. It’s already trivial. The problem with adding the scale to TOV is it turns white scale into ‘free pixels’ as those dragons are already killed on spawn, and furthermore it makes the game smaller as it removes incentive to bother with gore and vox.

While I like the idea of ToV as a shitsump for basement dwellers, I think it is important there are motivations to step outside for other pixels. This is why I suggest adding the loot to white dragons in WW and WL. They are no more trivial than vox, and it will motivate players to engage with otherwise underused content.
Closed Thread