Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you set audio triggers?
This is audio triggers in the "EQ Start Menu" useful for things like "You Spell wore off" or "Incoming".
Old 01-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to think; To disband ooc, you have to have a large enough population to support 100-200 people just in EC tunnel during the off hours.

Having a good population during peak hours alone will not completely fix everything. i'd say a 1k to 1200 population peak would be sufficient, with 600-700 at the lowest hours
I recall seeing fewer than 50 people on EMarr in EC back in Kunark days at 3 in the morning. That was with a 2k-2500 peak server pop.

If global /ooc were removed you'd have to take global /auc too or you'd just see it co-opted for the same purpose. Policing that would be messy.

I'm all for the removal of global channels. Being able to auction your shit while camping something out in bumfuck nowhere saves loads of time and makes it a seller's market. Forcing sellers to spend valuable time in EC auctioning stuff gives advantages to buyers and gives the server something resembling a real economy.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresprophet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall seeing fewer than 50 people on EMarr in EC back in Kunark days at 3 in the morning. That was with a 2k-2500 peak server pop.

If global /ooc were removed you'd have to take global /auc too or you'd just see it co-opted for the same purpose. Policing that would be messy.

I'm all for the removal of global channels. Being able to auction your shit while camping something out in bumfuck nowhere saves loads of time and makes it a seller's market. Forcing sellers to spend valuable time in EC auctioning stuff gives advantages to buyers and gives the server something resembling a real economy.
Yeah i agree the servers population has become larger and ooc is out of control and what you said above is amazingly true now i support the removal of global channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Closed Thread