Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 12:13 AM
Banned

Default Pathing in water areas

Hey all,

So the other day I was duoing with a necromancer friend in Oasis and we were killing the deepwater goblins. What I do is pull them and he kills them while I give him regen etc. All good right?

But sometimes I'll pull the mob and it will start attacking me but it's clearly nowhere near me. I even snared it.

Sometimes when I go back up to land after pulling, it will take a while to come up and after waiting a bit...it teleports right on top of me.

Is this a common bug? Does anyone know about this?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2020, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Goblins are archers (https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Deepwater_Goblin). As far as "teleporting" onto you, that's common when mobs get stuck in the world - they're still moving towards you, but they don't look like they are. Then, suddenly they're in melee range so bam your client shows them right on you. Same thing happens with rooted mobs sometimes. You'll root them and they look like they're still running towards you (and then through you and off into the distance) but if you step within melee range of where you rooted them, suddenly there they are.

-Mcoy
Old 10-31-2020, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

There is real struggle with z-axis melee range.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goblins are archers

I was about to chime in with how the aqua goblins in Dagnor's exhibit the same behavior that OP decries but lo and behold, they too can plunk.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:32 PM
Banned

oh welp didnt know they were archers but they still teleport to me randomly or take forever to come out
Old 11-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh welp didnt know they were archers but they still teleport to me randomly or take forever to come out
In regards to your observation of warping: I believe when mobs get stuck on objects or terrain, the game calculates where they would be if they were still walking, but it doesn't move them vertically, only laterally. Then, when it reaches your X, Y position, the game adjusts its Z position to be near yours. So, it's like one of those Shades in Starcraft II, and it's burrowing/floating through the ground until it's under you, and then voila! So it ends up reaching your position in the same amount of time it would have taken if it, you know, swam up and then walked on land.
Closed Thread