Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

Default /ooc

With the population increase of the serer more and more on peak hours /ooc is flooded i think there needs to be something done about this as it is very hard for us to use /ooc for general bullshit ranting and to use it for grpiung etc.. maybe we should make a lfg channel. and for those all like well it wasnt classic.. its just another chat channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the fix of /who all lfg, theres no need to rely on ooc for it anymore.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Removing serverwide OOC will be a severe detriment to the feeling a lot of people get that the server is well populated. It also removes quick responses to help people might require.

Then there's my personal opinion that I will get bored as fuck sitting in a camp without the rampant stupidity that is inane tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist banter.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Removing serverwide OOC will be a severe detriment to the feeling a lot of people get that the server is well populated. It also removes quick responses to help people might require.

Then there's my personal opinion that I will get bored as fuck sitting in a camp without the rampant stupidity that is inane tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist banter.
Which is why we need more GMs to answer these questions.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Aviak

You could block it out all together or put it in a seperate chat window and just look and see if anything you needed to know was said every once in a while.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

I think at a peak of 600-700 they should take it out. Maybe 800. With a couple hundred more people the OOC will scroll so fast you won't be able to read anything unless you stretch it to your whole screen.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Orc

Yeah this can be fixed with another chat window... I feel like it is just right as I have some really funny crap to read as I am medding.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

You have to think; To disband ooc, you have to have a large enough population to support 100-200 people just in EC tunnel during the off hours.

Having a good population during peak hours alone will not completely fix everything. i'd say a 1k to 1200 population peak would be sufficient, with 600-700 at the lowest hours
Old 01-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is why we need more GMs to answer these questions.
This possible portents of this post are manifold. I'd feel bad for the staff if certain of these aren't spurious. lawl.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Kobold

Some would argue that "server-wide ooc isn't classic", but honestly, either is playing with less than several thousand people.

This is frankenstein eq, get used to it.
Closed Thread