Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

New DLC and patch came out today for this... $20 oof that's a lot of money
The Soroboreans
June 16th 2020: The Soroboreans Patch

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is also 121 mods on Nexus for it, but I hear mods break after patches.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah Im so far behind still Im learning how to get into the bandit prison that I accidentally opened the cell to that had a level 50 creature in it, now it's guarding the entrance. Its a level 1 dungeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remind anyone of any games? haha

Baller do you play? do either of you want to log into my game and help me beat this creature? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2020, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

kind of reminds me of Wizard 101. ill give it a shot
Old 06-17-2020, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

I like how they pulled off the detailed yet nostalgic feeling (for me) environments with more modern seeming graphics. At a glance. Also a bit like morrowind and oblivion with some good survival mods too.

The grind in EQ gets me down. I wouldn't mind a quicker pace at gaining skills. Or combat.

Is it possible to use 1st person at all or is it too action rpg?
Last edited by magnetaress; 06-17-2020 at 12:55 AM..
Old 06-17-2020, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't like something about this the 2 or 3 times I was thinking of buying it. Maybe that it's indie Gothic or something. I forgot. I want something polished. You pretty happy with it?
Old 06-17-2020, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I'd wait a bit and see if you can get a deal on the dlcs in a bundle, because that's how that works. Gothic was pretty good btw.

I've never played or heard of this outside of this thread. $20 is a lot of soymilk so...
Old 06-17-2020, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Gothic was a janky German game with dysphoria inducing protagonist body proportions and overall pretty fun, yes. I just couldn't play it again.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gothic was a janky German game with dysphoria inducing protagonist body proportions and overall pretty fun, yes. I just couldn't play it again.
Did you play it on steam or when it released? The bugs where terrible but only if you tried to quest it. Or complete it. Not just run around stabbing like a pretend viking. I'm thinking of the original forever ago. I was one of those cool silicon valley Cylons. So I got to play it like around or before puberty or whatever.

Quote:
You may not be demon-god, or the chosen one from some long lost forgotten prophecy. But what you lack in divine powers you more than make up for with cunningness, determination and intestinal fortitude, and as such you must forge your path in the wilds as you explore the land. Eating, sleeping, hunting, resting and healing, and of course fighting! All skills you will need to live the adventurer’s life!
From outwards website. Intestinal fortitude is a big deal to me as a character trait or stat.

$39.99 on steam. Guessing that includes the DLC. I'll watch a YouTube of it. I love the idea of playing a janky human peasant girl who needs to knit her own socks so her feet don't freeze off ruining her charisma. Among other potentially fatal girl things we could simulate in a grotesquely amusing way.

Alllll of the dev's appear to be boys but I thought I saw two eggs in the group. That or an outright transphobic developer isn't extraordinarily odd though in this verse. Wouldn't be a hard no.

This imagine is pretty cool. Is hair braiding a skill?

Afaikt it seems heavily combat oriented and less simulation.

One of only a few non combat active skills at a chance.
I have no idea how the game works yet and need to dig deeper. It could have really in depth arts and crafts. It does have an interesting plethora of fighting skills however.
Last edited by magnetaress; 06-17-2020 at 01:49 AM..
Old 06-17-2020, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how they pulled off the detailed yet nostalgic feeling (for me) environments with more modern seeming graphics.
It looks exactly like what I'd want an update to EQ to look like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't like something about this the 2 or 3 times I was thinking of buying it. Maybe that it's indie Gothic or something. I forgot. I want something polished. You pretty happy with it?
Yeah, Im really happy with it, I made the mistake of looking up strategy guides and now the game is a little easymode and that kinda bums me out, like, I pretty much got all the gear I want till end game now, its time to go slay orcs in crushbone lol.. they made the mistake of not putting all the good gear at the bottom of dungeons. But if you played through it blind, you wouldnt figure that stuff out so easily hehe and it'd feel a lot like EQ offline mode!

Im thinking its a great game for the price at the very least but the care they put into it, it just def makes it worth it. They just need to learn how to make balance and AI work right for PVE, but as far as a survival game goes this is as close as it gets for good pve combat so far that I've played!

The ai uses line of sight to stay agro on you, so you can do some tricky things to hide behind trees and rocks and then jump back out at the enemy, and they seem to track you too, but maybe I am just excited and immersed and they just wander around erratically like most of these indi survival games lol

Quote:
Afaikt it seems heavily combat oriented and less simulation.
acording to steam it was 17 hours in before i got in my first fight lol It was with a bird.

But then 24 hours later I slayed a bandit fort and a magical creature! But it did have a heavy survival start!

As for braiding hair, no not yet, maybe in the future? If rust is where it is today, then this game certainly will be EQ big 7 years from now if they keep this up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im excited to try the expansion pack, as soon as I get my horror bow, which is the BIS bow (lmao, keep in mind I havent completed crushbone :facepalm: ) Im going to look into getting the expac
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-17-2020 at 02:41 AM..
Old 06-17-2020, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Heavy combat focus is cool. I am just digging a bit there. I like in depth combat stuff.

I like the atmospherics in the other screenshots. Could be fun to explore without BIS gear ;p [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are there any interesting dialogues? Short stories? Secret guilds? No need for spoilers.

It seems like a game that also doesn't want to be completed. And to be replayed on alts. Is that viable?
Last edited by magnetaress; 06-17-2020 at 03:12 AM..
Closed Thread