Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

I kinda like the inaccuracy of the map and inconsistency of the scale of the zones. It adds layers of realism. Cartography is hard and people get lost. Especially in mountains, lakes and swamps full of bandits and monsters.

I’ve mapped out my interpretation of the zone connections. You’ll note many of the ‘missing zones’ are actually just regions or features in other zones on my map.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great work on your 3d map. Love to see how you ‘fill in the gaps’.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda like the inaccuracy of the map and inconsistency of the scale of the zones. It adds layers of realism. Cartography is hard and people get lost. Especially in mountains, lakes and swamps full of bandits and monsters.

I’ve mapped out my interpretation of the zone connections. You’ll note many of the ‘missing zones’ are actually just regions or features in other zones on my map.

Great work on your 3d map. Love to see how you ‘fill in the gaps’.
That does look pretty smart.. I wonder if I can kind of lay out the zones like this, Ill try to layout the map like this see what happens. Off the top of my head that looks like it'd put the fear portal right where that spire is on the peninsula to the left, which is probably intended and I didnt even realize that.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

I kinda worked out the area above the serpant, and where the serpant zones will be. I made the north east of the "mountains" traversable, so that could be a new area, maybe its where the orc highway branches, into a orc city/crusbhone type outdoor dungeon idk, I just put trees and wagons up there for now heh.

^ This one is supposed to be a gif but i cant figure it out.

You can see what I did here, I basically had to kinda reverse the arch of the desert because they added desert along the commons wall, all the way to Kith! So, in not wanting to alter old zones, I made some impassible mountains in the back, that leads into the new deserty region that may become a orc dungeon area or something idk.

Still need to flesh out the wall/canyon area between the serpent area and oasis, will be adding sand and orc highway!

Lots more karanas ahead if we cant come up with some good filler for the north/south serpants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone got any lore?

After thhis, Im feeling the zone connections are looking pretty good, havent gotten to the real problem area, the mountains/lake, but I think this is going to sew together ok in the end.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-26-2020 at 01:03 AM..
Old 07-26-2020, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Also fun fact, when you hit the edge of the karanas, and look out on that giant vista taht we could never walk on, who knew (I didnt!)... that was the serpent

BEHOLD!..... the mighty serpant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by Jibartik; 07-26-2020 at 01:17 AM..
Old 07-26-2020, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also fun fact, when you hit the edge of the karanas, and look out on that giant vista taht we could never walk on, who knew (I didnt!)... that was the serpent

BEHOLD!..... the mighty serpant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WTF!

What crazy magic items are over there!

I always looked over that edge of SK and wondered.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF!

What crazy magic items are over there!
I just saw a couple dudes killing the old treants in the corner of SK there, and I thought "oh there just has to be something treant related in that area!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is a treant along the south east wall in EK and the two in the north east corner of SK, so.. the serpent must have some forests where they live together in that northwest corner? Especially if those kith woods peninsula to the south of tree's dips into it! whiiiich it will [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...ain't no evils gonna be entering that forest without a tough time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-26-2020 at 02:14 AM..
Old 07-26-2020, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Old 07-26-2020, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

These are so fucking cool.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

This is amazing. Can't wait to see how you arrange things based on what's actually where in the game. I don't know if you saw my attempt at a map - I approached it by taking influences from the cloth maps but organizing things by zone connection geography and ignoring most everything that wasn't actually in classic EQ. The cloth maps simply make no sense compared to zone orientation in game.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is amazing. Can't wait to see how you arrange things based on what's actually where in the game. I don't know if you saw my attempt at a map - I approached it by taking influences from the cloth maps but organizing things by zone connection geography and ignoring most everything that wasn't actually in classic EQ. The cloth maps simply make no sense compared to zone orientation in game.

You made this? That is absolutlyl incredible Lune, holy crap!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have seen this before, I didnt know I could have printed it, had you sign it and framed it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of, can I get dat in 4k?

I love how focused on that officially classic geo only, very nice. It's like, you're a legit Norrathian citizen & cartographer and were like "there's no lakes and rivers here!"... I hope one day new paths through the mountains may be discovered that open up impassible areas, and you'll find your way to them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-26-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Closed Thread