Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Whatcha doing ASAP on Kunark release?
Farming gear and selling it for a bajillion cash! 18 12.95%
Making an Ikky necro/monk/shaman! 36 25.90%
Exploring the the vast lands of Kunark! 41 29.50%
Slaying Dragons and Challenging the Ring of Scale! 10 7.19%
Wait 1 year for the excitement to die down 21 15.11%
What's Kunark? 13 9.35%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a test build I made with kunark era stuff....and nothing crazy fancy. https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Battle_Druid
You'll have two major hindrances trying to act as a melee Druid. First, you don't have the lifetap spells like the Necromancer has (which do damage and hence shorten the battle), and have vastly slower mana regeneration than the Necromancer. Sustainability is a problem. Second, Kunark-era AC caps raise dramatically beyond level 50, meaning durability will be relatively worse than what you can achieve with a classic-era caster. AC caps are surprisingly low prior to level 50+. I don't say don't try, but I say it'll run out of gas sooner than the classic-era caster-tank did.

If I pick up "Green" for Kunark I'd be leveling my low-level character or creating an Iksar so as to watch the day 1 mayhem.

Danth
Old 10-16-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll have two major hindrances trying to act as a melee Druid. First, you don't have the lifetap spells like the Necromancer has (which do damage and hence shorten the battle), and have vastly slower mana regeneration than the Necromancer. Sustainability is a problem. Second, Kunark-era AC caps raise dramatically beyond level 50, meaning durability will be relatively worse than what you can achieve with a classic-era caster. AC caps are surprisingly low prior to level 50+. I don't say don't try, but I say it'll run out of gas sooner than the classic-era caster-tank did.

If I pick up "Green" for Kunark I'd be leveling my low-level character or creating an Iksar so as to watch the day 1 mayhem.

Danth
Yea, they won't be near a bone knights power.... bone knights is top!!

BUT, it would still be extra fun to level up and play as a battle druid. Fully tanking for the team and using flame lick like a ranger and all that to taunt... then jumping in and out of tree form. Very thematic!!

And charming an animal they will match a bone knights output pretty ok.

They don't have bone knights lifetaps, but they can still root a target and back up and heal a bit and get back in if they want. I could see them doing ok at level 50 (but again, nowhere near the power of bone knights).

Then super high end, they still have the normal toolkit a druid has. Ability to charm plane of mischief skunks or gorillas in plane of fear and still top competitive DPS with enchanters / necros.

At level 60, natureskin + spirit of oak + regrowth of grove = 32 hp a tick regen on top of their normal regen.

And then they also get mask of the hunter + oak for an additional 7 mana a tick regen (which isn't the 21 mana a tick a necromancer gets, but it's still pretty nice!!)... then in velious they get another 6 mana a tick from protection of glades ... for a total of 13 mana a tick extra.

And their level 60 damage shields is a total of 38 , which again, isn't so shabby! Definitely enough to go do something like solo the frenzy in guk easily. Or just train yourself in a high green zone and everything kills itself on you. And I think in velious there are a couple more damage shields that stack?

So.... yea, not a bone knight... but also an interesting build that would be super fun / different to play (and still effective, you still WAYYY out solo any melee).
Old 10-16-2020, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding
Old 10-16-2020, 04:47 PM
Banned

Red face

Firepot Binding, duh 🙄
Old 10-16-2020, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

i have always wanted to level an iksar 1-60 on kunark only without leaving, might do it. Dont know if i will have the time.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya know I’ve thought about starting a caster but then the idea of researching my spells was always a huge turn off. In all my time on p99 I’ve never had a cloth wearing caster, even on live back in the day I usually stuck to a bard or a melee/hybrid class.
I was always really turned off by the prospect of researching spells too, but if you already have an established character with some plat (which it sounds like you do) you should be able to buy them without much trouble.

It hasn't been much of an issue at all for me, to my surprise.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:17 PM
Skeleton

so much to do at kunark launch, going to be busy with 4 extra raid targets (venril, trak, sev, talendor)

rushing to legacy targets (fungi staff, circle of shadow, locket of escape, blade of dragon eye)

rushing to get keys (sebilis, howling stones, veeshan peak)

i might wait a year for the excitement to die to get my chance at something nice (which includes waiting 6 months for everyone to get their epics before i have a chance)
Old 10-21-2020, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magethis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so much to do at kunark launch, going to be busy with 4 extra raid targets (venril, trak, sev, talendor)

rushing to legacy targets (fungi staff, circle of shadow, locket of escape, blade of dragon eye)

rushing to get keys (sebilis, howling stones, veeshan peak)

i might wait a year for the excitement to die to get my chance at something nice (which includes waiting 6 months for everyone to get their epics before i have a chance)
Chances are none of us are getting legacy items =(
Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

seb keys with 1000 people at the zone will be fun
Old 10-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton Jr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seb keys with 1000 people at the zone will be fun
It will be like Velious with the cobalt rings lol
Closed Thread