Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Question for Blue Monks

Hi! Since many of you are 60 and in great gear, I was wondering if you could tell me your opinion. If you had a choice, would you rather be a human monk with a guise, or an Iksar monk without a guise?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 02-28-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar without a guise by far
Old 02-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar without a guise by far
Old 02-28-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

I'd take the guise without a second thought. Human monks are just as capable at their jobs as iksars.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:54 PM
Kobold

i've seen an iksar with a guise??
Old 02-28-2020, 04:20 PM
Banned

I have a 60 iksar monk...from a min / max perspective its the master race, but human monk is for all the ladies in the place with style and grace.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've seen an iksar with a guise??
I believe that is possible due to a GM event or other GM intervention, because the Guise of the Deceiver is removed from the game about 5 months before Kunark opens.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, then Iksar. Since I never fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, I personally would choose Human Monk. Roleplaying stuff like guise is purely subjective and not quantifiable.

Although regen and AC bonus is a nice perk in the early levels for an Iksar, early levels are pretty easy for either race. Humans will have more strength for killing slightly faster and level 20% faster due to no racial exp penalty.

In general, this is how leveling would go assuming killing the same things.
Level 20 Iksar = Level 24 Human
Level 30 Iksar = Level 36 Human
Level 41.67 Iksar = Level 50 Human
Old 02-28-2020, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, then Iksar. Since I never fully plan on maxing out stats or getting to level 60, I personally would choose Human Monk. Roleplaying stuff like guise is purely subjective and not quantifiable.

Although regen and AC bonus is a nice perk in the early levels for an Iksar, early levels are pretty easy for either race. Humans will have more strength for killing slightly faster and level 20% faster due to no racial exp penalty.

In general, this is how leveling would go assuming killing the same things.
Level 20 Iksar = Level 24 Human
Level 30 Iksar = Level 36 Human
Level 41.67 Iksar = Level 50 Human
I don't have hard numbers, but based on my experience having leveled both, Humans don't really level faster because they tend to have longer downtime due to not having the Iksar regen. It tends to balance out. less downtime for Iksar but EXP penalty, more downtime for Humans but no EXP penalty.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have hard numbers, but based on my experience having leveled both, Humans don't really level faster because they tend to have longer downtime due to not having the Iksar regen. It tends to balance out. less downtime for Iksar but EXP penalty, more downtime for Humans but no EXP penalty.
I never sat as a human monk, so regen would not have made a difference as I would bind wound to 50% and go kill. I guess it depends on playstyle, if I sat til I got 100% health after each kill, then yes Iksar all day every day.
Closed Thread