Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-02-2021, 10:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default nParse Maps Not Showing My Location

EQ is installed in my root drive, but not in Program Files. I run EQ and nParse as administrator. I turned logging on in eqclient.ini (Log=True), and the log is parsing when I play the game. I have pointed nParse to the correct log folder. I have /loc bound to my move forward button. nParse maps load, but do not show my location or update as I move in game. Suggestions, anyone?
Old 01-02-2021, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I don't use nParse, but every other log-based program I've used needs to be aimed at the actual log file for the specific character, not just at the log folder.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Unfortunately, there is no option to target the actual file, and the instructions state to select the folder that houses the file.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Skeleton

Probably not worth mentioning but have you tried zoning? When you log into the game nParse doesn’t know what zone you’re in and therefore what map to show. When you zone, your log file picks up “You have entered North Freeport.” which queues nParse onto what map to display. From that point it should be working fine. Otherwise, you can manually select the zone you are in on the map interface.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I found a workaround. If I load nParse first, then start EQ, then change the directory to C:\Everquest\Logs, nParse works.