Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As proven, the top doc are the GM and server owners.

If they déclare something you shut up or leave, you do not throw a temper tantrum and act like a 2 year old crybaby.

The truth is ST got away with a lot of shit stirring since green.
They thought it was the perfect opportunity to score some nobles for free since they clearly suck at it, they were probably gonna rejoint with some more demands as usual.

St do not want fair competition, because as shown with nobles, they wouldn't score much being able to use their zerg.

But they pushed too far, not only breaking UN agreement and server agreement of 72 hrs notice.

But the super dickish move if deleting the UN AND stealin open raid target from the server.

The truth is ST have shown their true color to the whole server, this is the kind of BS non sens other guild leaders had to deal with.

All those baselss justification for being a dick you see from st/dmo member in this thread, imagine that time 20 un the UN and you'll get something somewhat close to the level of toxicity.
Calling someone a cry baby is a bit rich when lots of your posts are lengthy posts essentially criticizing/crying about things.

And for the record I have no affiliation with ST, I’m just making a general observation
Old 02-11-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?
Because if you’re doing things like handing out mobs on rotation, then you might as well just have instances. If everyone gets their set time to be in X raid zone or kill Y raid mob, then you are essentially creating an instance for them.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Banned

All those nerfed clickies and things they cried about as the reason they couldn't win. Then they didn't even try to show up for Trak and demanded freebies, won exactly zero to date

Maybe it's not clickies or the mean RP-lite guild. (Huge resounding DUH)
Old 02-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

I don’t know why it’s so hard to just create a rule that says “when X raid mob spawns guilds have Y minutes to prepare. After Y minutes happens Z number of racers compete for FTE.” Sure you still have to sock a little but it puts most guilds on an even field to compete for actual FTE instead of who can ever sit here the longest wins competitions that currently exist on green.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ST has a valid point though they haven't articulated it well. The point being that other guilds should have to compete for mobs and not have them handed down by the staff.

The issue is that the raid rules heavily favor megazerg guilds under the guise of 'fairness' and due to outsized influence. So in the end you'll always have a #1 guild that takes almost everything. This doesn't result in a very competitive or exciting raid scene. And it tends to breed more toxicity when a guild gets such a monopoly hold.
You're right. Creating a mega-zerg guild, poaching members from other guilds with pixel packages, and having a disproportionate amount of people that can tie themselves to a batphone and log on 24/7 is not competition... it's like Amazon shutting local retailers out of business while goading them to compete with them.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-11-2021, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because if you’re doing things like handing out mobs on rotation, then you might as well just have instances. If everyone gets their set time to be in X raid zone or kill Y raid mob, then you are essentially creating an instance for them.
I do not agree with that assessment; instances create potentially infinite copies of an encounter. GM-sanctioned sharing does not. Even if I did agree: So what?

Anyhow, my single-word response earlier was more a subtle reminder to Nexii that he doesn't make the rules here any more than I do. The admins are free to set policy however they like, as they always have, and they reserve the right to alter it as they see fit. I've spent 11+ years here tolerating various rules I regard as utterly idiotic. The "other side" can do the same if push comes to shove (or they can leave if they don't like it, like they always condescendingly told me). I would argue that making use of the reality of there being two PvE servers and utilizing different rulesets for each might make the most sense but since when did anyone listen to sense around here?

Danth
Old 02-11-2021, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right. Creating a mega-zerg guild, poaching members from other guilds with pixel packages, and having a disproportionate amount of people that can tie themselves to a batphone and log on 24/7 is not competition... it's like Amazon shutting local retailers out of business while goading them to compete with them.
first, i believe you are refering to kingdom about the poaching. as kingdom has been warned multiple times to stop poaching. as far as i know ST has a no recruitment policy, they do not recruit, people come to them.

second, as far as keeping a roster that can answer the batphone 24/7, welcome to hardcore raiding in classic EQ. fucks sake. get with it.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first, i believe you are refering to kingdom about the poaching. as kingdom has been warned multiple times to stop poaching. as far as i know ST has a no recruitment policy, they do not recruit, people come to them.

second, as far as keeping a roster that can answer the batphone 24/7, welcome to hardcore raiding in classic EQ. fucks sake. get with it.
the reference is to Aftermath on Blue, but the fact it applies in your mind to Green guilds speaks to Nexii's excellent larger point that it isn't anything about the constitution of any one p99 guild that creates this situation, it's everquest itself and what the staff decides to enforce and not enforce. top eq guilds poach because consolidating the top players in one guild works, for the top players.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The nature of the competition: Form a huge zerg of the unemployed
This is so painfully stupid that words cannot do proper justice to its stupidity.

You folks are, in essence, claiming that not being entitled welfare takers IRL makes for welfare pixels in-game. It's beyond parody.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More make-believe. ST aggressively recruited many of our top members (and leadership!) with all sorts of promises. Some followed and many of them are still listed as "Trial Members" I also remember the day Phatez came up to Sky during our slot too and spam recruited in open chats for hours to entice members to come over Kunark. We all had a good laugh.