Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default People of appropriate level can no longer get jboots

It's a huge playability issue. Some classes need jboots just to level, like wizards. You can't join the server and get jboots like you could on Live, or here before the 2014 patch.

The 2014 patch made it so that instead of having a fixed spawn, the SRO AC spawns randomly, some place in the zone, at 9pm. (Technically he spawns somewhere along his wandering path.) What this means is that a high level tracker can just zone in at 9pm and if it pops, they get it. It's happened to me twice. After days of camping, a high level druid zones in at 9pm, the AC pops and they run right to it. The odds of getting it yourself vs. a jboot farmer are now basically zero.

Before, there was a fixed spawn that you could time. No matter how many people were hovering around, only I would know the instant when it would pop, and that would let me get jboots at the appropriate level, i.e. mid 30's.

I've resigned myself to not getting jboots until the 50's, when I'll have to camp the OOT AC for them. Until then it's sow potions. I'm not ever going to get extorted for 7k by a piece of shit like the trackers who go to SRO at 9pm. Not ever. These shitbags have basically said: you can't play on P99 unless you give us 7k to use an exploit that's outside the rules of the game.

So until then, whenever I see someone selling jboots, I'm killing Hasten.

It happened just now. Here you go:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If these shitbags can use an exploit to extort the whole server, I don't see why I can't kill a single blue wandering mob. If I wasn't supposed to kill him he'd have more than 3k hps.

This really needs to be fixed. I understand that the change was probably intended to make the SRO AC more fair, but what it actually did was make it impossible to get jboots unless you're a high level tracker. Instead of getting 3k for blocking honest players from playing the game as intended, jboot farmers now get 7k. Instead of helping the situation, the patch actually made these assholes richer.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Farm the OOT ac like everyone else. Why choose the hard road
Old 11-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Banned

i wish you luck in your quest for vengeance
Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

couple things...

the fixed spawn was not classic and was a bandaid for how to get the AC in SRO to work. If Nilbog could have done it the way we have it now from the start he would, the static spawning PH was never how AC worked on live ( in SRO )

to say you can 'join the server and acquire jboots like on live' is pretty misleading - are you talking about Classic era live? Jboots were and always will be sought after, even on live it was cutthroat. Hell I remember one time I was running my warrior to Lguk, I saw the AC up in SRO ran over and attacked it getting the EXP. Well apparently someone else had attacked it before me but there was not much they could do! This was in 1999, you better believe they are just as desired then.

I am not sure what fix you need, you can camp a static spawning AC for Jboots in Ocean of Tears if thats the preferred method. Its higher level so you probably are gonna say you need jboots just to get to the appropriate level to camp jboots hehe, but you do know SoW pots only cost like 100 plat and are better than jboots for the most part right?

There is also Traveler's Boots avail which offer same thing as Jboots speed wise but it has a 1 second cast, hardly anything that prevents a wiz from quadding or redoing the speed during an active quad. I think those boots costs less than 5k from the Tinker bag vender.
Last edited by Erati; 11-17-2016 at 06:33 PM..
Old 11-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Banned

You're a dick, OP. You do not have to have jboots to level. Period. Camp OOT in your 50':s. It's not hard.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:32 PM
Project Manager

What is the exploit?
Old 11-17-2016, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Bye bye OP
Old 11-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the exploit?
I believe he's talking about MQing
Old 11-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by countytime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a huge playability issue. Some classes need jboots just to level, like wizards. You can't join the server and get jboots like you could on Live, or here before the 2014 patch.

The 2014 patch made it so that instead of having a fixed spawn, the SRO AC spawns randomly, some place in the zone, at 9pm. (Technically he spawns somewhere along his wandering path.) What this means is that a high level tracker can just zone in at 9pm and if it pops, they get it. It's happened to me twice. After days of camping, a high level druid zones in at 9pm, the AC pops and they run right to it. The odds of getting it yourself vs. a jboot farmer are now basically zero.

Before, there was a fixed spawn that you could time. No matter how many people were hovering around, only I would know the instant when it would pop, and that would let me get jboots at the appropriate level, i.e. mid 30's.

I've resigned myself to not getting jboots until the 50's, when I'll have to camp the OOT AC for them. Until then it's sow potions. I'm not ever going to get extorted for 7k by a piece of shit like the trackers who go to SRO at 9pm. Not ever. These shitbags have basically said: you can't play on P99 unless you give us 7k to use an exploit that's outside the rules of the game.

So until then, whenever I see someone selling jboots, I'm killing Hasten.

It happened just now. Here you go:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If these shitbags can use an exploit to extort the whole server, I don't see why I can't kill a single blue wandering mob. If I wasn't supposed to kill him he'd have more than 3k hps.

This really needs to be fixed. I understand that the change was probably intended to make the SRO AC more fair, but what it actually did was make it impossible to get jboots unless you're a high level tracker. Instead of getting 3k for blocking honest players from playing the game as intended, jboot farmers now get 7k. Instead of helping the situation, the patch actually made these assholes richer.
Hate never helps, bruv.

In all honesty I never seen anyone camping Sro AC ever since the spawn and pattern of how it spawned was changed by the servers devs. It's just way too inconsistent of a pop.

Sadly, this has made it so only the OOT AC can be camped routinely and easily, making the Jboots bottlenecked by neckbeards who sit everyday and all day camping it in OOT.

I agree this sucks. But, just suck it up for a few days, go to OOT, and get on their stupid list, the ones that sit at OOT AC every day and all day. They will gladly let you get in on the rotation of the AC there.

It's the only way. Killing Hasten does not fix this problem, not at all.

What you are doing not only harms Jboot farming neckbeards, but also the innocent bystanders who had to participate in this ridiculous routine of camping the AC, sitting there on a supposed list that the Jboot farming nerds have created for anyone who wants any chance of getting their own ring of the ancients.

Don't punish the innocents, bro. They already been through enough messing about with trying to get their own ring of the ancients!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

When my monk was level 44 or 45 i wanna say, i was in oasis killing spectres. Happened to notice that it was 8pm game time so i said to myself "hey, why not zone into Sro and check". So i zoned over. The only other person in Sro was a low level troll shaman or something and there was AC just chillin there.

So saying that getting them in Sro isn't possible just simply isn't true. Also got stormfeather in a similar fashion
Last edited by GinnasP99; 11-17-2016 at 07:09 PM..
Closed Thread