Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 03:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Camp Stealing in Unrest

This is my first time in the forum. My boy friend got me playing the game. Love it. But one of the things he sold me on was the friendly community. The past week of play in Unrest, this hasn't been the case. Because I solo, people just take from you camp. Now, sure, take one maybe 2 here and there. I am soloing, but when you ask I've noticed a serious lack of awareness. Some times people respond in kind, most often not. Today was Christmas. Woke up drinking my coffee and camped the back door. A power leveling group took over the entire manor. So I just grabbed what I could. I was in a FP group until it fell apart after a train. The MR group moved up to FP to replace us. It was a full group and so I took over MR, solo. 5-10 mins later a DE Chanter came into the room and asked my level. I responded with 25. Then followed other PCs. They just took over my camp with out question. Nothing. I sat there in disbelief. I broke that camp after the original moved up. I asked if I had missed something... They just played dumb. I'm a little upset with this. This is why I don't play many video games online anymore. People like that... Sorry I didnt know where else to post this...
Old 12-26-2016, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

I don't recommend taking screenshots of your taking a camp that's not in use and a periodic shot every hour while you hold it unless it's a super lucrative camp that's contested often. Like say, the OOT Ancient Cyclops.

With what you've described as having happened in Unrest, a screenshot of the response of the players who took the camp over would be great for a Name and Shame. That's one of the basic functions of this forum. In short, you want to either capture their chat evidence of screwing you over on the camp or failing that, having members of your described former group discuss what happened in a chat text of the screenshot so you have 2+ people backing up what you're describing.

Getting back to the point of your post, Unrest and other zones (Mistmoore, Kurn's Tower, etc) are extremely popular for power leveling or other rushed leveling due to the high Zone experience modifier. People get it in their heads that they have limited time to play for the day, want the most advancement possible, and don't want people getting in their way. I don't advocate caving into them at all. I would advocate avoiding such people and situations by hitting up other zones where it's less likely to happen, like areas in Upper Guk, Permafrost, or Split Paw.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

The community is descending into chaos - the forums are just a reminder of what its becoming. Sure its the players who make it that way mostly, but there's so much "shit" going on I don't think the staff have a hope on keeping up with trying to police everyone.

- Ban powerleveling in popular zones (literally remove them and tell them they're getting suspended, perhaps offer some advice on where's quiet instead).

- Remove the code allowing people to MQ, that stuff is beyond a joke now. If you've got to sit at scout/AC/etc with the guy who used to do the MQ'ing so you can loot up, you know you might as well just do it yourself.

OP I hope you don't click on the raid discussion forum, I think this shit trickles from the top down...and the raid scene is a blueprint for people who use that as a guide for what they consider acceptable.

Red server is quieter if you ever feel like some peaceful adventuring.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Unrest Kurns and Mistmoore in particular are loved by powerlevellers because of the complete lack of healer MOBs, as well as the dungeon zems.

People wonder all the time why places like Runnyeye and Cazic Thule lay dormant.. The simple answer is almost always healer mobs.. Definitely agree with screenshots and naming and shaming though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Power leveling anywhere there isn't a hundred red mobs on 6m40s timers is idiotic.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

You can't be shy in this game or you will quickly be cuckolded (to use p99's favorite colloquialism). You need to assert your dominance over a particular camp. If someone even starts to encroach on your area or mobs, one polite warning that it is your camp is all they get. After that screenshot / report / name and shame are all viable options.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Don't go to unrest on exp bonus time...that's where you went wrong.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

On p99, certain areas are expected to be used for full groups. This is one of them.

When I play solo, I will always give up my spot to a full group, or join one with less than 6. It's kind of the right thing to do, as soloing is inherently selfish in this very group-centric game.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Hi, I stole your camp.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Banned

Hi, I stole your wife.
Closed Thread