Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Default High Keep Raider Room

I'm trying to get to the bottom of a dispute here. The specifics aren't important, only the answer to this question -

How many "camps" is High Keep Goblins? I understand that one group CAN take all the spawns (and typically, especially on Blue, they do), but is the Raider room technically a separate camp by server rules?

This is elf court, so remember forumquesters, you're under oath.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yes
Old 03-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Aviak

I think there official stance is it depends on amount of people in the zone. When I first started playing at Live launch, it was 4 camps.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...post2570628%7C
Old 03-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

I was in a group on live that just camped raider room with 3 of us. I believe the server rules would be the line of sight rule kind of like unrest basement. 1 group usually kills basement down to the ghost. But, if someone wants to be a dick, they can claim ghost while there's a group in the basement.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

I am not an elf lawyer, but my understanding of the Elf Court ruling is if there is a group at the stairs taking all of the goblin spawns and another player/group contests raider room, then the group at the stairs has to pick which camp they want. Whoever is left with the main room claims those spawns. Whoever is left with the raider room claims those spawns. Everything else is FTE between those two groups since they are technically "not currently camped".

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...44&postcount=2

"That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

"Dungeon Type Zones are characterized as a zone which has very few open areas. These types of zones may include Sebilis, City of Mist, Unrest or High Keep (See section 2 above). For the most part you can claim what's Line of Sight (LOS)/Aggro Range. A couple exemptions to the LOS/Aggro range guideline may be Sebilis Spore King and Karnor Captain where camping within LOS/Aggro is just not practical.

For these types of zones camps are usually dictated by the geometry. You may absolutely hunt multiple camps if no one else is contesting them. Once another party shows up asking for one of your camps it is your decision which camp you wish to claim, then they can then have their choice.

Again, If an equitable compromise cannot be reached between the players prior to Project 1999 Customer Service Staff involvement, the P99CSR will mandate a compromise. Any such compromise is final and not open to debate. Refusing to abide by these terms will be considered disruption and may result in disciplinary action.

Note: A "party" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal."

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-04-2020, 08:25 PM
Orc

Thank you for not calling the zone "High Hold Keep"
Old 03-04-2020, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A "party" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal."
In all other cases a party is a bunch of cats getting drunk.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

I know back in the day on Quellious goblins were split into three camps(guard/warrior/raider rooms). Looking back it was pretty amazing I tolerated camping a 5 mob spawn.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Every single goblin spawn point can be a camp if you try hard enough! Dont give up yet
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not an elf lawyer, but my understanding of the Elf Court ruling is if there is a group at the stairs taking all of the goblin spawns and another player/group contests raider room, then the group at the stairs has to pick which camp they want. Whoever is left with the main room claims those spawns. Whoever is left with the raider room claims those spawns. Everything else is FTE between those two groups since they are technically "not currently camped".
Answer I was looking for, thank you.